University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 321 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Contracted Employee
Contract Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 oktober 2017
If working for U of I is a desire please confirm that your position isn't contracted out to another entity. There isn't an opportunity for growth when contracted as an off-site employee. One doesn't receive the same support of services if not working on one of the campuses.
idk about this one
Extra Help (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL4 oktober 2017
i liked it because they let me do my own work but they werent really to friendly the pay was good but it was extra help i dont think people really wanted me to be there
A regular day
Lecturer/Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Illinois19 september 2017
It is balanced environment, where I follow a schedule of two lectures, and time in my office to write articles or grade homework or exams.
Also, interacting in a chatroom as facilitator of online classes.
Good working environment.
Low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
I really thought this was a better place....
Food Service Administrator I, Culinary Worker III (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL7 september 2017
This was one of the most surprising places to work. The union makes it hard for work to be fair because it is to hard to fire people. The atmosphere is cutthroat and angry. I thought this would be my last position.
unlimited overtime
coworkers
Uic
Department Supervisor/Graduate Adviser (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL4 september 2017
The department and the supervisor have the ability to make your experience balanced or stressful. Supervising Academics have various management styles and a person needs to be able to adjust.. Most departments are balanced ans easy to work with the work load is always more than one person can do so you need to prioritize your work . When you can do this you are in for a great experience. 15 years at this institution.
Great place to work.
Oracle DBA/ HDP administrator/ Linux System Admin (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL20 augustus 2017
Great place to work. Great culture and very diverse. It is also a great environment to learn new skills and the balance between work and life is good.
Easy to learn environment
Assistant Researcher (huidige medewerker) –  Integrative Biology Lab8 augustus 2017
Being a research position at one of the top schools in the country has allowed me to learn the necessary skills and techniques that will be beneficial to my career as a bioinformatics researcher.
A great institution for Scientific Pursuits
Research Scientist/Graduate Student (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL 618014 augustus 2017
Often overlooked by from Ohio State and the University of Michigan, the University of Illinois is an immersive school that provides the resources (education and other-wise) to succeed in a scientific world.
Bedrijfscultuur
Campus Housing was a place to grow and develop experience in many levels of work.
Resident Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL3 augustus 2017
My time in Campus Housing was short but the people I worked with and the knowledge I gained will last a lifetime. I was able to learn how to deal with high stress situations as well as develop communication skills. I was surrounded by people from all backgrounds and had no issues with finding a sense of community and belonging. At times the work was tedious and hard and may have required long hours but I came out of it a better person.
Working with all backgrounds
Minpunten
Bringing the stress from work home
Variable
Communications Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL2 augustus 2017
Each office/department of the university is like it's own little company, so your experience is really dependent on where you are. Overall very stressful. There's lots of red tape, and faculty don't have a lot of respect for staff members.
Pluspunten
Tons of vacation, health insurance, free Lynda.com accounts, cheap adobe licenses, access to the university library
Minpunten
Faculty make bad bosses, red tape, not a lot of room for advancement, low pay
Excellent learning environment
Director of Clinical Operations (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL30 juli 2017
Enjoy working with faculty and staff. Great learning institution with educational resources at your disposal.
Hectic environment with newest technology and advancements
Cool school
tutor affiliated to Department of Physics (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL3 juli 2017
University of Illinois is ranked top 2 in Computer Science this year! I am very proud of being a student here. I learned, and created a lot at UIUC. ILLINI!
Bedrijfscultuur
in the middle of nowhere
Visiting Scientist (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL19 juni 2017
located at a very small town. School is really great but nothing else to do. Great research but too much politics. Constant stress of finding grants. great engineering school
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a pleasant if somewhat stilted work environment, because I was temporary help.
Extra-Help Office Assistant I (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL10 juni 2017
Work day was not always busy. What I learned was minimal because I was not hired into a permanent position. I was only given enough training and information to complete the assigned task for a specific amount of time.
Flexible work hours
Parking was expensive.
Difficult employer
Assistant Director (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL5 juni 2017
The university has the potential to be a great employer, but unfortunately it is held back by the state. Being an Academic Professional, we take the brunt of the hardship and there is little job security but continual threats of our benefits being slashed.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL4 juni 2017
Worked as a teaching assistant many years ago. A fun place to work and students were enthusiastic and talented. The job allowed a lot of freedom to design the curriculum.
Intern at University of Illinois Springfiled
Springfield Intern/ Events Coordinator, UIS (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, IL1 juni 2017
Working in an athletic environment is absolutely great. All the staff is very personable and outgoing. They were easy to talk to and had great work ethic. The staff all had the same vision and goals for the athletic department, it was one big team
Great experience
OK to work for
Nutrition and Wellness Educator (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL25 mei 2017
Good, but offices are located in Urbana and we work in Chicago and life would be better if we had better contact with our employer. Time goes by too fast not to be in touch with those who make the decisions.
Fun
Lab Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL22 mei 2017
At the University of Illinois, you get to work with world class faculty on cutting edge research. Schedule is based on your availability, and a positive environment is always present.
Fun Undergrad Job
Residence Hall Desk Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Pennsylvania28 april 2017
It was nice to work as a residence hall desk clerk. I was able to make many friends during my employment. The only downside is that you might give hours in the early morning/night (3AM - 7AM Shift).
Claim deze bedrijfspagina

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij University of Illinois. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag