University of Illinois Reviews

Alle 270 reviews worden getoond
Unenjoyable
Distribution Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL 6182014 juni 2016
Management is lackluster to say the least. Not veteran friendly, hypocritical of requirements to advance. Would not recommend working here
Fun place to work in
Server (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL10 juni 2016
I really enjoyed working here because it allowed me to meet new people and interact with a lot of friends that I now have today. My co-workers were easy to work with and never caused any problems. Management was a bit hard on the employees, but they could also be nice too.
Meals, workers, hours
short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent opportunity for anyone willing to learn
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL1 juni 2016
Although you spend much of your time deep inside large research facilities where human interaction might be minimal, you get a chance to work alongside some of the leading experts in their field and be a part of something that is much bigger than yourself. The faculty were professional, personable, and conscientious. The hardest part of the job would be performing at the standard of the institution, which is high. The best part of all this is, once you're finally able to relax, being able to look back and say "I did" instead of "I could have".
Learn from the greatest
Minpunten
Strenuous work weeks, extra hours put in to reach deadlines
working with the public
Food Service Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL24 mei 2016
doing different things as the hospital to help everyone get threw the day and showing that we care i love working with the people in my department my manger do a great job to keep things work related the patients look forward to seeing us because a lot of them be going threw a lot
free meals
no break room
Bedrijfscultuur
Useful for learning to lead a group
Exam Proctor (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL24 mei 2016
Whenever I'd be called in to work, I'd arrive at the mandatory pre-exam meeting, discuss important information that may be needed to relay to students, and give input as to how to better manage the exams. From this, I learned how to maintain a group as well as keep them organized, and a sampling of how to lead. The management worked well most of the time, but sometimes there would be circumstances out of their control. This was never really an issue as far as I'm aware.

Coworkers were mostly useful, canvasing through the room of students with me to ensure that everyone was maintaining fairness and helping students when necessary. Sometimes, however, the coworkers I was assigned to for an exam ended up sitting in a corner and working on their laptops, often making it more difficult for the rest of us to watch over students taking the exam. This ended up being the most difficult part of the job, but to be fair, it didn't affect our abilities that much, and they were usually working in their own coursework too.

The best part of that job was helping the students out with understanding their questions. That helped me stay on my toes and remember my own education, as well as giving me a better perspective on how other people approached certain physics problems. And I don't deny that I felt pleasant being useful.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great school with helpful faculty
Lecturer/Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL17 mei 2016
Working for a year as lecturer of EALC 275 Masterpieces of East Asian Literature was a fantastic experience. I had worked as a TA for a year prior to being made head instructor, and that was a good experience in itself that taught me much about how to run a class. Communicating with department leadership to ensure that I was maintaining a high standard for the class was essential. I had great TAs, and I enjoyed every minute of teaching.
Team players
Patient Care Evaluation Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL17 mei 2016
I worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator. My typical day would include, greeting patients, consenting them to various studies. Perform study related duties, such as blood draws, ECG, vitals and whatever else the study required. Process blood, urine and other lab samples according to the protocols, for freezing, shipping etc
Interact with governing bodies such as IRB, pharmacy sponsors and contact workers. I worked among physicians, nurses, and other coordinators. What I LOVED most is that we worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was negotiating the contracts.
travel
sometimes no lunch breaks
poor job security
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL15 mei 2016
Human Resources perform illegal actions toward employees. Discriminatory actions against employees. Racist behavior and hiring practices.
Good employee benefits
Minpunten
Unprofessional Human Resource staff.
Great source of learning
Research Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL23 april 2016
Working with UofI, I received an opportunity to learn, grow and utilize my skills the best way I can. Teammates, work environment and hours are very suitable and encouraging.
Great Mathematics Program
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL22 april 2016
Great graduate program, especially in pure math. Typically, most students have a TA-ship which allows them to teach courses while they are completing their coursework.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work at but no,loyalty to employees classified as exempt.
National Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL20 april 2016
I should have moved on when I was younger when I learned of no job security being classified as an exempt employee in the university system..
Pluspunten
Lots of good people around the work environment.
Minpunten
Exempt status provides no long term job security.
great
Collection Specialist I (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL18 april 2016
a great organization to work for. fantastic work ethics. provides and encourages professional development and higher education.
Challenging position
Administrative Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL18 april 2016
A typical day consists of multi-tasking and being able to shift focus often. It offers challenge and diversity. I have been employed with the University of Illinois for 25 years. I am grateful to work at this Institution.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent benefits. Lots of knowledge to gain.
Office Support Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Champaign, IL13 april 2016
There is too much craft jurisdiction/politicking going on. otherwise, good place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for everyone.
My Alma-mater
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL8 april 2016
UIC is great environment for learning and growing together.
The team skills helped work in a smooth manner.Highly qualified staff was a plus.
It enabled me to hone my teaching skills as well
Top university in engineering
Graduate Research Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL6 maart 2016
Very good engineering school. A lot of resources available. Learned a lot from discussions with renowned professors and talented students here.
Bedrijfscultuur
wonderful opportunity to learn new technologies
Graduate Assistant (Application Developer) (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL1 maart 2016
Great work experience. Learn the working of an industry and challenges. Good compensation
Co-workers are friendly and helpful
Bedrijfscultuur
One of the top engineering colleges in the nation for excellent researches
Research Assistant, Mechanical Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana, IL23 februari 2016
In the Power and Energy group in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, I was surrounded by the top engineering minds in research and academic.
Bedrijfscultuur
Graduate Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL16 februari 2016
This institution is a great place to work; I feel challenged each day. I currently teach undergraduate classes and conduct research with other graduate students and faculty.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
nice people
Teaching Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL16 februari 2016
a lot of kids , vibrant atmosphere , creative ideas floating around
it has been a fun place to work
professors are knowledgeable
fellow colleagues are from everywhere of the world
which is a nice thing.
Because you can learn so much

Algehele waardering