Walgreens Reviews

Alle 19.779 reviews worden getoond
Okay
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI11 december 2017
Great place to work back in the 80’s but as years went by and new people began to come they stopped a lot of great benefits. If you got in early you were good.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive workplace , different skill, learning about cultures and different customer service
beauty advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL10 december 2017
Working at walgreens Taught me many things.Top me excellent customer service , how to multitask keep a balance when work pace speeds up. It also tought me that team work anything can be achieved. To never give up even if confused always ask, better to ask and do better , then stay quiet and keep doing it wrong.
Team Work
Unfair schedule, drama, unsecure
Terrible company
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL10 december 2017
Company has really gone downhill. Upper management is so greedy and treat everyone below like garbage. Expect so much with no help. Lots of favoritism and HR issues swept under the rug at District level and above.
Great store atmosphere
Minpunten
Upper management, DM and above, lead in a threatening manner
Bedrijfscultuur
educational fun and you have to learn to multi task
Pharmacy Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Tacoma, WA10 december 2017
fast pace very busy doing around 4-5 hundred scripts per day lots of customer service tasks as far as flu shots, electronic billing, resolving customer issues
discounts, friendly staff
Minpunten
sometimes you dont get your breaks
shift lead
Pharmacy Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Oakland, CA10 december 2017
When I worked for Walgreens I was a shift lead, I would take care of everything like a manager will take care of things, I would count tills stock shelves and etc
Poor management
General Warehouse Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Anderson, SC10 december 2017
Management is an absolute joke. Human Resources is no help at all and all senior management plays favorites. They show race favoritism and do not follow their own policies.
nice canteen
poor management and HR
Bedrijfscultuur
Learned what is customer service
Waitress (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL10 december 2017
Up close customer service with all customers.
learned to up sale
The manager knew how to keep his employees motivated
Team building was excellent
The hardest part of the job was irate customers
The most enjoyable was just coming to work
Great work environment
irate customers
Good working environment
Warehouse Associate/Machine Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Windsor, CT10 december 2017
Walgreens provides excellent compensation and a very competitive work environment for a individual seeking to have a career with a strong company for years.
Pluspunten
pay and ability to change shift
long work days
PHARMACY TECH (voormalige medewerker) –  Stevensville, MI10 december 2017
The company didn't care about there staff. You have to work very hard not to get any compensation. Management only care about what benefit them. This was a great company to work for. But with all the changes it has gone down hill.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was okay , not satisfiing enough
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY10 december 2017
Didn't experience enough to make me wanna continue my position with the company...not enough hours ,lack of promotion, there were to much goofing off/silly things going on but the customers were lovely.
N/a
Short
Bedrijfscultuur
Walgreens in the past year
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Greenwood, IN9 december 2017
Ever since Walgreens has merged with boots and alliance the company has gone so downhill. The employees that work there are amazing hard working people who deserve way more than they will ever receive. The company does not provide you will the resources needed to complete a job, you work for the equivalent of 4 people and are expected to have outstanding results. You are treated like some worthless person but expect you to make them profits. Every person I have worked with in the pharmacy feels like it is slave work. I used to really love my job there and would speak so highly of the company, and now.... its nothing but such a disappointment and great sadness to lose the job I very much so loved.
daily routine
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bakersfield, CA9 december 2017
what I learned from working at Walgreens is how to use a register.Management was alright, 2/5 managers would help us out on our task, the others would do their own things. The enjoyable moments I would have are working with my favorite coworkers, it was only about 3 people.Also having conversations with my regular customers, they make my shift go by fast. Hard part working there is dealing with rude customers, coupons, shoplifters,and bear runs.
Suckish
Akl team member (voormalige medewerker) –  Williamston, SC9 december 2017
Horrible management... Long hours... Nobody came to work on Saturday... Stressful!! If there was an issue the issue would prolong before something was actually done about it. The lines were ALWAYS backed up which caused longer hour and the same not enough work to be done.
Great pay
Minpunten
Not enough workers, horrible management!
Bedrijfscultuur
Company changed a lot during my time there
Customer Service Associate/Beauty Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Vero Beach, FL9 december 2017
When I started in 2004, Walgreens was an excellent company to work for-employees had a fair workload because there were plenty of them and the pay was generous. When I left in 2017, stores were working with a skeleton crew, workloads were impossible to keep up with, and spirits were down. In 2010, 3/4 of the assistant managers lost their titles-and around $4/hr-and were demoted to "shift leaders", a new title corporate came up with for the exact same job as an assistant manager. Some of them had been with the company for more than 20 years. It was terribly unfair. Store employees had hours cut and days of truck deliveries no longer had all hands on deck.

In spite of the downward trajectory of Walgreens, I loved being there. I loved the customers, my co-workers, and the management. I've met wonderful people there.
Pluspunten
Generous employee discount, good health insurance for full time employees
Minpunten
Schedule changes from week to week
Previous Company
Executive Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakeland, FL9 december 2017
All staff members were friendly and hard working. Opportunities for advancement were there for anyone wanting to take a bite of the apple. Job security and financial stability are embedded within the company. No worries of company buyout or selling was an issue.
Friendly work environment
NA
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Fun place
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL9 december 2017
Walgreens is at great company, very difficult to get a schedule change they value seniority. Great stock options and benefits of your full time. Great company to work for. But you willl Be required to work every holiday as a new comer for years because of seniority of other employees
Great benefits
Seniority comes 1st
Bedrijfscultuur
productive place with no chance of getting a raise
Tier 1 Pharmacy Tech (voormalige medewerker) –  Muscle Shoals, AL9 december 2017
Only those who were the favorites got special treatment there. The ones who the management didn't like, needles to say it was obvious they didn't like the person for some reason. The supervisors there would walk around using their cell phones and not doing their job, then yell at you for talking to loud. The management doesn't care about anyone as a person. You are just a person in that seat. What your problems are, they don't care. You are constantly under threat of how you treat the customers who are yelling at you, your points, how long you take for lunch, etc. Makes you think you will get fired at any moment for any reason. It is not a good way to run a business and keep happy employees there. It is very obvious why they are constantly going through so many employees and can't keep any there. If they treated any of them decent, they would stay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone after the way I was treated.
events at work
short breaks, short lunch
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Graduate Pharmacist Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL9 december 2017
Worked as an intern under the direct supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
Daily routine work very stressful .The working environment was excellently professional
stressful work place
Pharmacist (voormalige medewerker) –  Queens NY9 december 2017
I worked there for six years the place discriminate against minority, black and female. You need to be very friendly to the boss in order for you to stay,otherwise they float you from one store to another.
short break
Pharmacy Tech
Certified Pharmacy Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN9 december 2017
Very fast pace. Management was okay, but would often get as stressed as the workers. Not enough staff working. Always a high turn over rate. Pharmacists don't bother to help the techs even if we're slammed. Great discounts. The health insurance was a bit high, but overall wasn't too bad. Hours fluctuate according to how busy the store is. Thus, hours are not fixed. One week you can work 40 hours, and the next week 20. When I first got hired, one of the pharmacist I worked for was very vindictive, belittling, and down right disrespectful. She would constantly yell at the techs and would call us names such as stupid, dumb, you have no common sense. These things would bother everyone, but no one would report her. I figured everyone just got accustomed to it. Thankfully she wasn't there too much longer after I was hired. Walgreens on summer & perkins
Discounts
Minpunten
Overworked. Underpaid. Lack of stability.

Algehele waardering