Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Showing all 3.403 reviews
5,0
Great place to start a Tech career
MES Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OH16 October 2019
The MES team at Whirlpool has an awesome manager and supervisor. The projects are very hands on. Able to learn on the job and not expected to know everything just be able to prove your worth. I work/ed third shift which makes having a work/life balance very hard. The pay was good at $26 per hour.
Ambiente laboral comprometido
Practicante de Mejora Continua (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.16 October 2019
Una empresa comprometida con trabajadores comprometidos en sus labores diarias, con disposición de hacer networking con otras áreas.
My Like/Dislike
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA15 October 2019
Whirlpool Was Great . I Liked The Working Enviroment .. The Speed Of The Job. Basically Everything About The Job . I Would Encourage Others To Definitely Commit To Working There .
5,0
Engaging atmosphere, diverse and inclusive, as opportunistic as you make it
Trade Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN14 October 2019
You start as a contractor through Randstad and the conversion process can be a bit long (mine was 15 months), but as long as you meet your metrics and show up you have a fair shot. The atmosphere is engaging. There's never a dull moment. The days always go by quickly because you pretty much stay busy, and the work will make you have to really think, but it's never anything I lose sleep over. Whirlpool is diverse; they have the Pride network for the LGBT+ group, Women's network, and the African American network (FOCUS). No one feels discriminated and it's welcoming. The dress code is also really relaxed. We are allowed to wear jeans and t shirts (given they are appropriate and not full of holes), color our hair, and have exposed tattoos/body piercings. They really go out of their way to keep their employees happy.

My ONLY con is that the pay is a little low for the job. Granted, this is one of the only jobs like this in Knoxville area that you don't have to have a degree for or any prior software experience, but going from a contractor to a full time employee isn't that much in pay bump. Otherwise, I've been here almost two years and I absolutely love it!
5,0
Awesome plan for your career
Maintenance team leader / WCM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN13 October 2019
Fantastic place to work they love to help you succeed in your career path, mentorship is awesome great compensation for a job well done. They let you go
Hard Work Station
System Operator (SAP) (Former Employee) –  HOWRAH13 October 2019
No Work Time Limit. No Holiday. No leave. This Is a Hard working Sector.
Salary Timing Is Good. Manager Is also Good. But Work flow is Very Difficult.
2,0
Very hard Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote12 October 2019
Management constantly pushes you to do more and more. Completely understaffed it is like working in a zoo on the phones for them. Great compensation and pay if you can take the stress which is beyond ridiculous.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
3,0
Empresa que busca sempre a qualidade
Fornecedor e conferente (Former Employee) –  R. Dona Francisca, 720010 October 2019
Empresa focada na qualidade do produto ao seu cliente, buscando sempre a produção
2,0
Ok place to work
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH9 October 2019
Ok place to work, as long as you get along with the A/C's. Too much micro management. The best part of the day was going home at the end of the shift.
Pros
Free t shirts
Cons
only 20 minute lunches
4,0
Great experience to have at a long age.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI8 October 2019
Great experience to work in a corporate world. I learned how to work with different people on one project. I got to meet people that I big names in the corporate world for Whirlpool.
Enjoyable job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OH7 October 2019
Overall I enjoyed my job, I worked sub assembly. I made rate on most of the jobs. Most of my jobs came easy to me, it was very fast paste, very few jobs were difficult for me to accomplish.
Pros
enjoyed being there
Cons
they let me go
5,0
empresa boa de se trabalhar
auxiliar de produção (Former Employee) –  Joinville, SC7 October 2019
Gostei muito de trabalhar nesta empresa... Gostaria de voltar se tiver vaga podem entrar em contato final do ano estarei de volta para Joinville
Obg!
Fair
Mold Setter (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH7 October 2019
Fair and understand i love the way they do this it's very helpful and Thanks and i would be happy to tell anyone to work at whirlpool and that the food at whirlpool can't be beat
Pros
Easy
Stable work environment
GPO Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OH 458407 October 2019
Through the years, Whirlpool has been a stable place to work. There are 2 main career paths: tech ladder or management. If you wish to move up the tech ladder, there seems to be a limit at Senior Engineer, when you work in manufacturing. There is little to no opportunity to advance beyond Senior Engineer. The only true path to move up once at senior engineer is to transition to management.
Pros
Fairly stable through economic down turns
Cons
Not much opportunity to advance to lead engineer or beyond in manufacturing.
Employee Management constant engagement
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN7 October 2019
Good Communication carryover.
Benefits are standard and could be improved
Fair working conditions.
That's all I have to comment about Whirlpool
5,0
Good company growing more inclusive culture
Sr. FINANCIAL ANALYST-PROMOTION EXECUTION (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI6 October 2019
Company cares about community involvement and investment, culture, and push to develop employees. Hope it remembers to value employees with experience and ideas versus just the youth who want to get promotions without the experience.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Can be clickish but feel its getting better
Ok
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA5 October 2019
Very repetative, boring work. Not climate controlled so summer work is exhausting. Equipment and line seem out of date and inefficient. Breaks could be longer
4,0
Flexible work time with lot of work to launch best product.
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra3 October 2019
Good to have a flexible timing.
An organization continuously evolving in the field of Organization, Product & Process.
Exhaustive work with many stake holder to ask question than supporting execution.
Different approach towards Six Sigma.
empresa agradável
ajudante de produção (Former Employee) –  Joinville, SC3 October 2019
ambiente agradável, salário deveria ser maior para o trabalho feito pelo funcionário.
5,0
Very well organized working space. Safety is the number one rule.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK2 October 2019
Very well mannered people, respectful, helpful, just always there to help when needed. Very nice Cafeteria!!! And when I mean "Nice"...... I mean Very Very Nice!! Good food vending machines, biiiiiig!!!
Anyone that works there is very happy, no exaggerations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9