Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews for Assembler

Found 294 reviews matching the search See all 3.398 reviews
5,0
Very well organized working space. Safety is the number one rule.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK2 October 2019
Very well mannered people, respectful, helpful, just always there to help when needed. Very nice Cafeteria!!! And when I mean "Nice"...... I mean Very Very Nice!! Good food vending machines, biiiiiig!!!
Anyone that works there is very happy, no exaggerations
5,0
fun work place with great people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA24 September 2019
Assembling parts, switching lines if necessary, great work ethics, learned various different assemblies for products. sometimes would require overtime hours, enjoyed the casual dress code, sometimes warehouse was very hot in the summer, enjoyed all my fellow co-workers.
1,0
It was a means to an end
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OH20 September 2019
The people aren’t a good role model area, there’s a lot of people that made me not want to show up and acted like they were still in grade school. A very unprofessional work environment if you’re just trying to get in and out without an ordeal.
Pros
wasn’t far from home
Cons
short breaks, lousy help, not a lot of fun
3,0
This place used to care about there employees
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OH10 September 2019
If you get hurt they don't want to pay for it and they want you to work overtime all the time because they can't get enough people to work there been there 21 years never seen anything like it
3,0
Long standing history of community employment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OH9 September 2019
One of the best paying jobs in the city for someone with a high school level of education. Nothing glamorous but also nothing too hard, cant complain it pays the bills.
3,0
Fast paced but cool place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA31 August 2019
I commuted and carpooled to work everyday. Some thought I was crazy for making that kind of Drive which entailed driving an hour and 20 minutes before and after work!... but you do what you have to do for a good job!
Ok
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA27 August 2019
Was a good place to work, people were nice to work for but I had to leave the company because I was traveling 100 miles a day and the pay did not add up to the gas being used
Holiday parties
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH26 August 2019
Very fast pace , Line assembly. Very strinked on time off. Not a very friendly atmosphere to work for. They just throw you on a line and hope you pick up the jobs on your line fast.
Pros
nice holiday parties
Cons
not friendly and training isnt very good
5,0
productive work environment which involves multi-tasking
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Amana, IA26 August 2019
Overall a great experience working here! Everyday I acquired new skills from the work environment, surrounding employees, or just by the tasks assigned.
Great
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH14 August 2019
I only got to work there a week due to babysitting issues but I loved the job. The environment was great, people were great and I enjoyed the job that I did!
Dantes inferno
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA7 August 2019
Wow. Just wow. All the supervisors are on drugs and have 0 ethics. They literally are sleeping with everyone. Human resources bailed on that sinking ship so now you have these outsources hr reps who making moving up impossible. It takes months to get change a job. And even then the interviews are complete frauds. If they dont like you they wonr invite hr to that meeting so you only score half the points and lose by default.
And the supervisors love playing dirty tricks like that. Horrible horrible people. Leaving whirlpool saved my mental state because that place is toxic. I will never buy their products either because i know 1 in 4 fail. They have horrible quality because they dont follow their own companys mission statement or vission statement. The lean sigma techs made sure to ruin that for everyone.
My Experience at Whirlpool
Assembly Line Worker (FT) (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH6 August 2019
Very clean and pleasant factory to work at. Friendly coworkers. Job placement here is nice, because they try their best to fit your needs mentally and physically.
3,0
The only factory in Marion I know of that doesn't expect you to live there.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH25 July 2019
You work very little overtime unless you want to. The pay starts out way too low. The assembly department is a very hard place to work, and thats's where most people are placed. The only two good things are the eventual (years) good pay, and the fact that they almost never force you to work overtime.
1,0
Team leaders do not want to help if you get behind
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OH22 July 2019
What used to be a five rotation job is cut down to two rotation job and then they speed the line up and don't add anyone to the line! They don't train someone long enough on jobs! You are only allowed 5 sick days off a year and that week is part of your vacation!!! Say you get 4 weeks vacation, no you get 3weeks, the 4week is your sick days off for the year!! Unfair!
Pros
401k, paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks, vacation time is part of your sick days!!
An expansive industry
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH19 July 2019
Whirlpool is a great place to work. It is not often that they have non-production days but it does happen from time to time. They offer many benefits and paid time off. Lots of room for advancement.
3,0
Hard hours, no time to be sick
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH14 July 2019
I worked at whirpool for a year. In that year i got carpal tunnel im only 22. I moved area because of that reason to heavy lifting and my body gave out
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN11 July 2019
It’s a stable job with good money. It’s very fast paced. You work 4 - 10 hour shifts a week. You almost always have weekends off unless they just have to do mandatory overtime on a Friday. You only get 2 - 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. They have great benefits.
Pros
Almost always have weekends off, unless they do mandatory overtime on a Friday.
Cons
Short breaks and lunch.
Very unorganized
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN9 July 2019
Very unorganized place to work..always out of parts, lots of screaming and yelling between supervisors and employees. Very high tempered amd lots of cussing. Pay is ok but not for what you are expected to do with very little training.
Get me by job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marion, OH7 July 2019
Not my cup of tea but ok health benefits and decent pay. Really hot in the summer some spots have ac some don’t... a lot of there ways of operation is way out dated
Would work here again
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH5 July 2019
Was fairly easy work, how fast it is depends on where you’re at. I started through the temp service which I found tedious. No guarantee of getting hired at all so you have no idea how long you’ll be without benefits or a raise.
Pros
Decent pay, fairly relaxed
Cons
Temp service can be never ending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9