Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 113 reviews matching the search See all 3.411 reviews
2,0
Very hard Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote12 October 2019
Management constantly pushes you to do more and more. Completely understaffed it is like working in a zoo on the phones for them. Great compensation and pay if you can take the stress which is beyond ridiculous.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Not my cup of tea
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN24 September 2019
There were many people that loved their position. I was not one of them. It took a major toll on my anxiety. The leads and team heads were very supportive and helpful.
5,0
Good place to work but wanted the work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI8 September 2019
I worked with this company when they were trying to launch a work from home environment. I worked in the call center for training and then was suppose to go to work from home position but my circumstances prevented me from continuing withe the company.
Pros
clean place with nice folks
Cons
need a part time position from home was not possible at the time
5,0
This was a great experience for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI30 August 2019
I liked working at the customer service department in Whirlpool because it was clean and well maintained. The problem I had working for this company is that I had family issues that could not be aligned with the working hours
Pros
cafeteria lots of support for you to succeed
Cons
the hours are not doable for people with disabilities that need to work part time
Fair job, fair pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN29 August 2019
Whirlpool is a good company to work for that compensates you fairly and gives you many opportunities to advance if that is your desire. I would recommend it to anyone.
4,0
Always a pleasure working there, always changing atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI8 August 2019
I enjoyed my 10+ years at Whirlpool, it was a rewarding experience. I worked a 9:30-6 shift, with weekends off. The Leadership team as a whole is awesome and cares about you, as you advance it seems it does get much more competitive and more all for one attitude instead of what can we do get you advanced. Which I never could understand. I fully enjoyed my time at Whirlpool and would recommend anyone give it a try, given the opportunity I would go back, I would just want to have the opportunity to go elsewhere in the company.
Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whirlpool Corporation5 August 2019
No sympathy what so ever had some family issues brother was on his death bed and had to leave immediately when I got back they fired me even after I gave a doctors note said that they can’t take a doctors note even with proof of everything they still fired me
Used to be fun.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home27 July 2019
I worked for WP for three years. It was fun to begin with. But recently they have begun to institute new rules and putting a lot of pressure on the CSRs.
5,0
Productive workplace that celebrates it's employs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI26 July 2019
Typical work day is pretty busy on the phone assisting the customers. The leads and care advisors meet with employees 1-2 times per month excluding team meeting.
Nice company, poor coaching/training
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland24 July 2019
Whirlpool is not a place for everyone and it does take a special kind of person to work there. Sometimes you deal with very difficult consumers, which is to be expected. However, there are consumers who will be flat out rude and disrespectful to you and you are not given the proper training to handle those consumers. You cannot disconnect the call, due to that being grounds for termination, you also cannot just transfer the consumer to someone else, especially if they are refusing that. In my opinion there needs to be a process to handle those type of consumers. I also feel like there should be better coaching, not "hey, you did this, you're fired," but "I understand why you did this, this is what we can do in the future to correct this issue, and this is your first and last warning to correct it." The CXC Center is a great place to work, I appreciated having a set work schedule and knowing that my CA would work with my schedule when I needed them to, but I do feel like there needs to be better training and coaching to handle the more escalated calls.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN20 July 2019
Great place to work. Good shifts. Amazing and understanding management. Excellent employee engagement. Need to have longer breaks. Better design of shift times.
Productive fast work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI23 April 2019
Productive fast work pace work with friendly people with on hands on training on site manager and place to work out never have to leave the work place for lunch or anything
Pros
Hour lunch break food on site
1,0
so much potential so little reality
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN2 April 2019
I love my neighbor as myself. This company penalizes their employees for having any other lifestyle than alternative.

In a nutshell, if you are gay or LGBTQ identified, you'll have no trouble. If you have any other viewpoint, regardless of how well you love your neighbor, this company wants nothing to do with you. They have drank the purple Koolaid, and it's a toxic work environment if you follow Jesus.
Call center associate
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA24 November 2018
Really fast paced.
Chance to advance.
Lots of customer contact.
Problem solving ability a must.
Computer work heavy.
Supervisors had rough job.
Not again would I choose this job.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Not enough agent support offered
2,0
Terrible managment
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN8 October 2018
Don’t expect much in the call center. The 4 week training prepares you little to none. Managment is aweful. Supervisor sends you one place and they send you back to supervisor when needing help.
Pros
Hours
Cons
People
1,0
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN20 September 2018
I worked for Whirlpool through a temp agency called Randstad. They are by far the worst agency EVER! After an incident in the restroom where a floor was left wet and no sign was put, I was fired for missing work even with a note from a doctor.
Pros
Catered lunch
Cons
poorly run, rude workers, training was inadequate.
Fast paced, stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN20 July 2018
Angry customers calling in regarding appliance failures. It was very fast paced and could be stressful having customers screaming at you all day long.
Job was fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI25 June 2018
The job was fun and very helpful with customer service never got a chance to get into whirlpool was thru aerotek so I don't know the specifics of whirloool
Pros
Some picnics and employee appreciation days
Cons
Shift bids never having a set shift
4,0
It was a decent company to work for
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN6 June 2018
worked from home generally 8 hrs daily no weekends. hardest part was dealing with difficult customers but not an issue. most enjoyable is being able to resolve issues with customers satisfaction
4,0
Customer Service Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN5 June 2018
Job functions are stressfull, but I love the people, the culture, the environment. The management strives to keep the workplace a place where family comes to work together.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9