Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 3.405 reviews
N/a
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN26 August 2019
Good work environment great pay just didn’t get enough over time on production line. Internal job postings posted weekly so you could bid on jobs so you can grow with the company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
5,0
Lots of people complainging about the comnpany
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH17 August 2019
Made for a very unhappy workplace, hardest part was listening to people complain all day. even the team leads and the supervisors hate the place....doesn't leave you much hope for your future with the company
Pros
good cafeteria, kinda high priced
Cons
insurance costs, and everyone is negative
Productive and Fast
Assembly Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA12 August 2019
Fast pace environment. They push you and breaks ar about 9 minutes. Break starts when you leave the line and starts back up right at 15 minutes. Lunch is the same way they treat you like a machine. I would never work for them again. I got hurt and did what they said and they didn't take care of me and fired me because I couldn't do the job. I hurt my back. The test showed a bulging disk and there doctor and nurse said I was fine.
1,0
stressful felt like highschool all over.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Middle Amana, IA24 July 2019
Nepotism. People that have been there long feel like they can treat new hires like dirt. Everyone acts like it's high school, with gossip and talking about each other. Lazy people get rewarded while hard working ones get trampled over.
Assembly
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OH29 May 2019
It's quick paced and repetitive but the work is easy. Management is nice. We're progressing to a new and better environment and with this they are changing to become more ergonomic for employees.
Don’t do it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN10 May 2019
The absolute worst place ever to work. Hardly any training provided, unfriendly and unhelpful coworkers. Not worth the pay. They just throw you on a line and expect you to catch on. And quickly. And don’t dare ask for help.
Pros
Off on weekends, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, lots of tension, no training
Productive place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH19 March 2019
Its a great job...the people are very nice..the employees are always willing too help and train when needed ... They are a very fast paced work environment but with there rotation schedule the time goes very fast.
assembly
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH16 February 2019
I liked it there good pay and good benefits just couldn't work third shift I live to far away. They do train a person. I cant do thirds . I tried but it didnt work
dirty, cut throat job
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA31 January 2019
Management will screw you out of pay. Operators don't listen. Forklift drivers act like they own the plant. Work every other Saturday on short notice.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA15 January 2019
fast paced, be alert, be able to keep up on assembly line, low tolerance for mistakes, come to work on time be at work station and and be a fast learner.
Pros
productive
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN7 November 2018
Can be a fun place to work depending on how the day is. Give good benefits. Sometimes they will give free foods and raffle off Whirlpool products to the employees
1,0
Stressful with little to no room for advancement
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN16 October 2018
Management is horrible. Seniority means nothing. Favoritism everywhere. In a state that is an at will state...they seem to think they aren't allowed to fire people for harrassment. One guy here has ran off many women because he harasses them and supervisors and mgt won't do anything about it. Corporate wouldn't even do anything. He still works here, no punishment at all. He even laughs about it. Supervisors are awful. I can't wait for the day I can walk out of here. Don't come here unless you have no other options!
Pros
It pays most of my bills
Cons
Everything else
2,0
Too many people working on the buddy system
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH15 October 2018
Good when first starting out but unless you are in a social cliche or good friends with the management you won't get far. Seniority and experience means nothing as people who basically got hired in would get good positions and others wouldn't be considered
Pros
Clean place to work benefits and wages comparable
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OH14 September 2018
Whirlpool is a fast paced environment and is not for everyone I worked here for 2 years I enjoyed my time here. The people tend to keep to themselves and the work is not that difficult.
Was ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR28 August 2018
Whirlpool was a decent company to work for before they made the move to leave the U.S. and do most of their production in Mexica. They shut down most of the U.S. factories including the one I worked at in Fort Smith.
3,0
Its a very straining job and fast pace.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TN27 August 2018
Its not a bad job its just something that isnt for me. It is a job for someone who doesnt have a child or alot of emergencies. Its is a job for someone right out of high school.
4,0
can not say too much it was along time ago
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  LaVernge TN23 August 2018
can not say too much it was along time ago. It was an easy job, clean safe facility benefits were ok. not much more I remember. I really cannot say anything more
Whirlpool
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH16 August 2018
Whirlpool was an okay place to work until they used their "lean-tech" to make every job on the line super hard to do. Once they did that, every job was stressful and difficult and took a bit of time to master. Once your done working, your so tired you don't want to do anything else.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay rate.
Cons
Stressful, difficult, and tiring on a daily basis.
2,0
Fast Paced Stressful Job for teenagers!
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Marion, Ohio3 July 2018
If your fresh out of high school and are looking for a career in fast, robotic, mindless assembly work..this is the job for you. It's unbearably hot in the summer and you have to cover your arms with sleeves and gloves which makes it even more unbearable. Your supposed to be trained on a job for 30 days but they expect you to keep up with people who have been there 2 or 3 years after only 6 days of training. You stand all day long unless you know your job well enough to sit once in a while. If you get bumped around on the dryer lines ( which you will )..you will loose your 15 minute break and your lunch! Believe me..you want your break and lunch! I hated every minute I was there and prayed to have enough nerves left at the end of my shift to make it home.
Pros
Pay is good, benefits
Cons
Heat, stressful, older applicants get treated like dirt.
2,0
Fast paced and no time for error
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Amana, IA4 June 2018
Whirlpool is a okay place to work when you need funds to support your family. I worked there for 7 months and left because of management. I worked on the door line and felt like I was being harassed by the first shift supervisor everyday for the type of clothing I had on and I worked second shifts only. There is no room for rising in the company when people are trying to cut your neck and make sure you don’t make it to the top . Also there is no air conditioning inside but big ceiling fans that do not help when it’s 100 degrees outside and feels as if it’s 120 inside. The management does not know how to talk to you and can make you feel very upset. I believe the wages should be higher than the pay thats being given today!
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Management and lack of care for the workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9