YMCA Reviews

Alle 17.750 reviews worden getoond
Stressful
Aquatics Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Brentwood, TN15 december 2017
You went in at 8 a.m. and often had some much work that I had to stay until 7 p.m. A lot meetings and budget meetings. hardest part was making members happy. Most enjoyable part was managing staff.
Fun
work life balance
fun place to be
Youth Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA15 december 2017
Fun place to work, I love all of the staff and my co workers and I enjoy working with children. In addition, we get free membership and access to the facilities.
Pluspunten
Snacks, short shifts, flexible schedule
a little bit of hours
i love it
Preschool Teacher/ Day Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Plano, TX15 december 2017
i loved working for the ymca. my coworkers were the best and we got along so well. i loved working in the preschool with the children. its just a really great place to work and the benefits are fantastic
Community
Manager on Duty (huidige medewerker) –  Spring Hill, FL15 december 2017
A great way to make a difference in someone's life with a fun atmosphere. You have an opportunity to do something positive in your community while having a flexible schedule.
great place
Special Needs Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 december 2017
great for school if you dont have to attend school during week however i must continue school mon through fri.
ive learned however document and record incident and ive learned how to handle stressful situations and portal call and law
Fun place to work
Front desk/cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lebanon, MO15 december 2017
This job was fun to work at, but it is a minimum wage paid job, with no raises unless you get into management. It is a relaxed slow paced job. Great part time job if you're looking for 5-8 hours a day.
Fun, relaxed
No benefits, no raises
aftercare supervisor
Assistant Supervising Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Abington, PA15 december 2017
People are great to work with but they make sure that you don't make over 40,000 a year so they can get grants
they pay minimum wage to most people they don't offer many hours unless you do summer camp thats a full 8 hours a day but for the money it isn't worth it and they hardly ever pay for any mediatory meetings
Pluspunten
nice people working with kids
Minpunten
no paid days off even if they are closed
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work depending on where you worl
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chester, VA15 december 2017
I have worked at 2 places when I worked for the YMCA. The supervisors and directors are wonderful and they are really passionate about what they do. However, management and the people under them care for themselves and not the children. They are in their positions for the money and chose to put on a facade when their boss comes around.
Pluspunten
Fun and a learning experience
short breaks
Enjoyed working with LiveStrong Group
Director, Paint 'n pARTy (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, NC15 december 2017
My heARTistic Wellness program is an uplifting activity for the Livestrong cancer survival group. The Wilmington YMCA is a great facility for many healthy activities. Its staff members are very helpful providing ample seating, tables and equipment for comfortable participation in classroom events.
Great Environment
Child Center Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Peachtree Corners, GA15 december 2017
Some days go easy other days are fast pace, depending on the amount of children we have. The work place culture, overall, is very friendly and respectful, not to mention very supportive of one another.
Great members - poor management - terrible pay - little hours
Health and Wellness Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  North Bay, ON15 december 2017
I worked for 3 different supervisors - child care, fitness, and afterschool programs, and was still unable to reach full time hours. They would rather hire 1000 students because they get grants to do so - leaving dependable workers without shifts.

The shifts I had were all split so I would anticipate work early in the morning until later in the evening, only actucally working 6 hours. The compensation was terrible. I taught aquafit to full classes just to be paid slightly above minimum wage. The personal trainer wage was also insulting, as well as the childcare and afterschool programs wage.

I was let go from the Y after 6 months - I was accused of "poaching clients" and "making money under the table." Neiter of which were true, but I never did get to speak for myself - I was just let go on the spot. Its unfortunate because I was a huge advocate of the YMCA and constantly tried to draw attention to their programs. Now I have nothing nice to say and would recommend you find work elsewhere.
Kind Members
Minpunten
Terrible compensation, poor management, little hours, split shifts
Heart breaking
Preschool teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Klamath Falls, OR14 december 2017
I did not enjoy working at the YMCA. The management there never show up to work and never had things plan out. It was very unorganized. The pay was low and people did not get as many hours and there was never the right amount of staffing there doing the preschool hours.
Consistant routine checks
MANAGER ON DUTY (voormalige medewerker) –  Portage, IN14 december 2017
Consistently walking through facility checking every equipment is functional.
Addressing all issues that a guest may have, and meeting their satisfaction.
Experience in management field
same route each day
Great first job!
Member Services Leader/Receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX14 december 2017
I would recommend working at the YMCA for anyone who's young and still in school. I loved every aspect of the job except only management can work over 29 hours which is why it is not a good job for someone who is financially independent.
All about the kids
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Waianae, HI14 december 2017
I've been working here for 5 years I enjoy being a role model to the students and fellow new workers, they take care of everyone and listen to suggestions and care for one another. Workers are kind and friendly, I enjoy being around my site director.
Very self rewarding
Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Berkeley, CA14 december 2017
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Fun Work Place
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Florida14 december 2017
A great environment where you get to work with kids and be creative. Staff is nice, and the boss is really understanding they care, to bad its part-time.
people, fun
part-time
review
After School Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Round Rock, TX14 december 2017
Usually a counselor will have 20 kids to them selves. I once had 26 kinder-gardeners to myself for a whole semester. The kids are awesome and fun to be around. What else is nice is you get the weekends off and you work the same hours mon-fri.
working there for co-op
Co-op Student (voormalige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON14 december 2017
working at a ymca for my co-op was an amazing experience everyone there was very nice and helpful when needed. they always greeted people with a smile sometimes remeber certain people and that was cool for me to experience i would really enjoy an opportunity to work there again in the future.
Pluspunten
working with children, getting to see the smile on peoples faces
no cons
Fun workplace
Summer Camp Team Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Cumming, GA14 december 2017
This is a really good job for teenagers or college students looking for some money to spend. The kids can be really great and its a very relaxed environment. Dealing with parents can sometimes be difficult, but that is very rare.
Pluspunten
fun, kids make you laugh, good environment
lack of clear management