YMCA Reviews

Alle 17.759 reviews worden getoond
it was okay
Internship (huidige medewerker) –  Ridgewood, NJ16 december 2017
i started late for my internship because the lady that was supposed to be my supervisor left and I had to get another supervisor. the ridgewood YMCA is very unorganized in my opinion
decent
Head Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Greensboro, NC16 december 2017
It was a great job at the beginning but started to hire people who were slackers and Lead guards like myself had to pick up the extra work. Work started to get in the way of education so I had to leave.
Youth Sports Referee (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC16 december 2017
Very lax, great environment, keeps you active. The management is terrific and puts the employee first. The hours are also very flexible, and it is easy to manage your work life with other activities.
Bedrijfscultuur
Potition was not as posted.
Facility Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Ahwatukee, AZ16 december 2017
The Association listed a management job. There was little management involved, as the Association was collapsing. The executives ran out to branch locations to fill lesser role to save their retirement accounts. my role was primarily as a technician.
Community work
學會如何教導學生
責任制會晚下班
只要把事情做完就可以準時下班
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and rewarded with free membership.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Tacoma, WA16 december 2017
A typical day involves another staff member and I prepping and opening the pool deck for members and staff for the rest of the day. People are always smiling and happy to come in, and especially when I smile and wish them a good morning. It is always a positive environment, and even when I am down. I know that if I smile it will be rewarding for myself and the member that come into the YMCA.
I have learned that the YMCA is an important place. I have annually donated $120 because I believe in what the YMCA can do for children as well as adults. I have learned how to socialize with people and to make friends, but to also remain professional. I have learned the importance of my role in reflecting the professionalism and friendly environment of the YMCA.
I have seen many changes in management with my time at the YMCA. I have seen both good management skills and bad management skills. Currently a management staff has just left the YMCA and the current management team is working hard to better improve and fill in what was missing all along.
The culture and mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that help healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Core Values: Caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being.
The hardest part of my job is managing conflicts, however this does not happen all that often. There are many times where members also do not respect your authority because a majority of the time, staff members are younger than them.
Over all I enjoy the work I do. I enjoy the people that look forward
  meer... to you greeting them. The YMCA is neutral territory that allows them to step away from their lives, good or bad, and come to a warm and welcoming place.  minder
adequate breaks
no benefits, low income.
family oriented
Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Mill Creek, WA 9801216 december 2017
Everyday was a new and surprisingly enjoyable experience, positive and supported by manager, coworkers were pleasant to work with, I loved working with the Babies
Learning and Teaching
needed more balance
Good start for experience
Early Childhood Education Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Quincy, MA16 december 2017
The Early learning center gave me good experience. I was able to learn how to work with young children and was also to gain experience and understanding form working alongside other knowledgeable teachers and staff.
Learned alot, very helpful
A JOB
sitting for long hours
Stressful
Aquatics Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Brentwood, TN15 december 2017
You went in at 8 a.m. and often had some much work that I had to stay until 7 p.m. A lot meetings and budget meetings. hardest part was making members happy. Most enjoyable part was managing staff.
Fun
work life balance
fun place to be
Youth Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA15 december 2017
Fun place to work, I love all of the staff and my co workers and I enjoy working with children. In addition, we get free membership and access to the facilities.
Pluspunten
Snacks, short shifts, flexible schedule
a little bit of hours
i love it
Preschool Teacher/ Day Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Plano, TX15 december 2017
i loved working for the ymca. my coworkers were the best and we got along so well. i loved working in the preschool with the children. its just a really great place to work and the benefits are fantastic
Community
Manager on Duty (huidige medewerker) –  Spring Hill, FL15 december 2017
A great way to make a difference in someone's life with a fun atmosphere. You have an opportunity to do something positive in your community while having a flexible schedule.
great place
Special Needs Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 december 2017
great for school if you dont have to attend school during week however i must continue school mon through fri.
ive learned however document and record incident and ive learned how to handle stressful situations and portal call and law
Fun place to work
Front desk/cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Lebanon, MO15 december 2017
This job was fun to work at, but it is a minimum wage paid job, with no raises unless you get into management. It is a relaxed slow paced job. Great part time job if you're looking for 5-8 hours a day.
Fun, relaxed
No benefits, no raises
aftercare supervisor
Assistant Supervising Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Abington, PA15 december 2017
People are great to work with but they make sure that you don't make over 40,000 a year so they can get grants
they pay minimum wage to most people they don't offer many hours unless you do summer camp thats a full 8 hours a day but for the money it isn't worth it and they hardly ever pay for any mediatory meetings
Pluspunten
nice people working with kids
Minpunten
no paid days off even if they are closed
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work depending on where you worl
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chester, VA15 december 2017
I have worked at 2 places when I worked for the YMCA. The supervisors and directors are wonderful and they are really passionate about what they do. However, management and the people under them care for themselves and not the children. They are in their positions for the money and chose to put on a facade when their boss comes around.
Pluspunten
Fun and a learning experience
short breaks
Enjoyed working with LiveStrong Group
Director, Paint 'n pARTy (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, NC15 december 2017
My heARTistic Wellness program is an uplifting activity for the Livestrong cancer survival group. The Wilmington YMCA is a great facility for many healthy activities. Its staff members are very helpful providing ample seating, tables and equipment for comfortable participation in classroom events.
Great Environment
Child Center Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Peachtree Corners, GA15 december 2017
Some days go easy other days are fast pace, depending on the amount of children we have. The work place culture, overall, is very friendly and respectful, not to mention very supportive of one another.
Great members - poor management - terrible pay - little hours
Health and Wellness Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  North Bay, ON15 december 2017
I worked for 3 different supervisors - child care, fitness, and afterschool programs, and was still unable to reach full time hours. They would rather hire 1000 students because they get grants to do so - leaving dependable workers without shifts.

The shifts I had were all split so I would anticipate work early in the morning until later in the evening, only actucally working 6 hours. The compensation was terrible. I taught aquafit to full classes just to be paid slightly above minimum wage. The personal trainer wage was also insulting, as well as the childcare and afterschool programs wage.

I was let go from the Y after 6 months - I was accused of "poaching clients" and "making money under the table." Neiter of which were true, but I never did get to speak for myself - I was just let go on the spot. Its unfortunate because I was a huge advocate of the YMCA and constantly tried to draw attention to their programs. Now I have nothing nice to say and would recommend you find work elsewhere.
Kind Members
Minpunten
Terrible compensation, poor management, little hours, split shifts

Algehele waardering