YMCA Reviews

Alle 21.574 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Good Atmosphere and Environment
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Eagan, MN22 juli 2018
Overall there's a good atmosphere and positive environment. Hours varied day to day and week to week, which is a bit stressful; however, they are flexible on days off and very understanding.
My time in non-profit
Front Desk Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY22 juli 2018
The YMCA is a great place for many families and individuals wanting to be active and need a place to do it. However it is hard to make a career at the YMCA, you can climb the branch ladder and there may be a few roles at corporate but it can be difficult to break into those offerings.
Decent
Teacher's Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Stevens Point, WI22 juli 2018
I liked working at the YMCA, but the constantly hire new people for your position meaning you get less hours. When I first started working I had pretty decent hours, but now I work 2 times a week. They say you can fill in if people need subs but that hardly ever happens.
Pluspunten
Can use the gym and pool for free, free food
Terrible hours
Great place to start.
Youth and Government Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA22 juli 2018
Although the YMCA mission intends for good things to result, the work environment is not the best for a career. I good place for first time employees.
flexible work schedule
Minpunten
Not much room for growth.
Assistance
Assistant Soccer Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  Bradenton, FL22 juli 2018
The workplace was great.
Part time when needed if I was available after school and weekends.I learned new levels of variety skills during the camps groups.
Pluspunten
Good
Minpunten
Bedrijfscultuur
My summer camp is special
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Becket, MA22 juli 2018
Not to say yours isn't, but organizations like these are highly contextual to employee's experience with them. The Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA and its Berkshire Outdoor Center provide some of the best summer programming in the country and world.
The Trenton YMCA was a great stepping stone
Part-Time Teaching Assistant / Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Trenton, NJ22 juli 2018
The trenton YMCA brought me from my high school years to my college years and provided flexibility and multiple positions that worked with my schedule.
Great for college student
Out of School Time Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Seekonk, MA22 juli 2018
It's a great job if you love working with kids. It's also extremely flexible with your school schedule. My managers at times were incompetent. Workers can be lazy. If you just worry about yourself and interact with the kids, none of that really matters. Oh, and they pay you minimum wage! :)
Dealing with rent arrears
Supported Housing Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  London21 juli 2018
arranging a meeting with a customers and looking at there financial circumstance and arrange flexible way to pay back the arrears to avoid eviction .
Great Place
Membership Services (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairborn, OH21 juli 2018
I really enjoyed working here but the pay is not worth doing the opening shift every morning. Management for the most part is great and easy to work with.Easy work and friendly people, great schedule, and easy to switch shifts or get days off. I wish they paid more or I would have loved to stay on.
easy work, friendly people
Minpunten
no paid days off, bad pay
Fun and informative
YMCA After School Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS21 juli 2018
I enjoyed working at the YMCA it was a good environment and i wanted to be there. It was a good starting job but i would like to get a more serious job now and fill my time with work.
Seasonal job
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Florence, SC 2950521 juli 2018
Worked during the summer as a supervisor. everyone was great to work with. the kids got out of hand at times but, they were great as well. Good team work.
fun and rewarding job
Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Flushing, NY21 juli 2018
typical day its coming in on time, getting things ready and kids sign in. I learned to help kids better, and to deal with their necessities and parents questions. Management is good overall, good workplace culture, hardest part is sign out and sign in because of all the parents, enjoyable part knowing that the kids are actually learning something and having fun.
YMCA Child care
Prescott - Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Prescott, AZ21 juli 2018
This is a great part time job if you are looking for something easy and if you do a great job working with kids. However there are times when you will constantly have to work with a group of kids that require a lot more attention then you might be able to handle. Other than that this isn't a hard job to handle.
Bedrijfscultuur
I have plany of fun at work!
Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Dunwoody, GA21 juli 2018
Work is fun because it is an uplifting environment. I play with kids and transition with them to other activities around the facility. I have a great time and I would recommend a peer to work there.
Lunch Provided
No breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
very loud environment. Constantly having to clean and test chlorine levels.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Hackensack, NJ21 juli 2018
I enjoyed working here a lot as my first job but as two years gone by I got tired of waking up at 5 am everyday. But over all teaching adults and kids how to swim was something I loved! I love water and seeing the growth of new swimmers.
Pluspunten
Capablity of teaching private lessons
Short 10 min breaks, no phone usage at all, no late tolerance
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxed work environment but the pay is terrible
Senior Camp/After School Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 juli 2018
It was great working at the Y but if you have bills to pay, the position of a group leader or lower is not worth the effort. You get paid based on the the budget that the current location has so the pay at different locations vary on the amount of the members present.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to make an impact
Accounting Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Waco, TX21 juli 2018
The Y is a great place to impact your community, working with and for people of all ages and backgrounds. If you want to help people live healthier, or encourage today's youth to be tomorrow's leaders, then you need to be here.
fun place to work
School Age Lead Staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Paul, MN21 juli 2018
This was a great job to have I loved all my coworkers the only stressful part of the job was the split shifts would make it hard to plan anything sometimes during the day .
free lunches
short breaks
child care
Childcare Provider (huidige medewerker) –  Oconomowoc, WI21 juli 2018
Did not receive enough pay for the amount of work we had to do constantly keeping the children engaged, needing permission to use restrooms and phones. Just too much for what we got paid.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag