YMCA Reviews

22.644 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.647 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
understaffed
Maintenance/Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Huntington, NY20 oktober 2018
The benefit package was very good, good retirement plan. They did not hire full time employees, which made the overall management and upkeep of the buildings difficult to maintain.
great benefits
understaffed
Good company
Fitness Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Denver, CO20 oktober 2018
I like teaching at the YMCA, but their hourly wage for fitness instructors is one of the lowest in the area. Without receiving benefits I can not make ends meet and cannot keep my private insurance.
great classes and supervisor
pay wage
Very enjoyable job
Paperwork sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Davenport, IA20 oktober 2018
I had a great experience working there and think it's a very laid back job. I also enjoyed my boss and coworkers. I am very grateful i had the opportunity to work there.
CPR class
Nothing.
Not my favorite place.
shift lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Falcon, CO20 oktober 2018
The YMCA that I was located in had a lot of gossip and petty activity. Favoritism was clear and encouraged. The manager favorites would stay close by his/her side while the ones he/she did not like got sent away to a different location with worse hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productivity good,friendly staff,good growing job
Maintenance/orderly (voormalige medewerker) –  Castle Hill, VA20 oktober 2018
I learned a bit a the YMCA pool indoor/outdoor operator,maintenance,day camp operations assist camp counselors/play ground/grounds cleaning/maintaining
Opportunity to grow
No over time
Fun environment
After School Program Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA20 oktober 2018
YMCA provided a fun work environment. Working with kids made the job very enjoyable, and to seem them grow is what makes working at YMCA worth it. You also learn patience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great work environment, awesome staff, laid back job
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO19 oktober 2018
Working at the ymca at a lifeguard has been a great experience for me over all. The staff is amazing, they are so helpful and understanding. The inservices we have every month are extremely helpful to review of the skills we need for our job. They are not always organized though. They are behind on a few things which is frustrating.
Pluspunten
Free membership, flexible hours, nice staff
Minpunten
Unorganized, don’t listen to the staff about schedules
great experience
Lead Fitness Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL19 oktober 2018
it was a great experience learned a lot of valuable things, great for starters or people that can do charity work. good clean family place polices could do some changes.
Bedrijfscultuur
Busy and expectant, you must be able to get along with your coworkers.
Tampa Metropolitan Area - Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL19 oktober 2018
Be a suckup. If you don’t like children, do not work here. Unless you’d be ok with yelling at them all day. Also, the water arobics ladies are all really mean.
Pluspunten
Good first time job, most of the members are very nice.
Minpunten
Management is annoying, depending on which department you work for. Aquatics wasn’t very good.
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow but very efficient place to work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  China Grove, NC19 oktober 2018
At the YMCA I applied so that I could help a branch who was having difficulty with finding lifeguards to monitor the pool. I applied and went through the training very quickly so that I could watch my patrons. I monitored the pool, sauna, steam room, outdoor water system, and the whirlpool. I would open and close the pool periodically for breaks and for the end of the day. I was given responsibility because, there is only one lifeguard of duty for the pool at a time.
Pluspunten
Not hectic. Most patrons are elderly swimmers.
Minpunten
Less breaks than expected.
Lead teacher
1st grade teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hills, CA19 oktober 2018
Good environment if you like working with children. After school and morning care program for children. You can create your own classroom environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not enough pay to be considered a job
Noon-time sports staff (huidige medewerker) –  California19 oktober 2018
I work 2 hours a day. 2. Then sometimes I’ll get offered another class to pick up and work 4 hours a day 2 days a week, with the occasional 6 hour Saturday. This job is not one for an adult or anyone who wants money. It’s simply if you have extra time and are bored at home. No advancement opportunity, and only enough money to maybe get you here and back to work. Not worth it.
Fun working with kids
Not liveable
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Limited Growth
Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA19 oktober 2018
Although there were opportunities to grow with offerings of additional training and certifications, advancement within was very limited. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from different walks of life and having the ability to help them.
Free uniforms
Compensation
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent opportunities to learn more about children and their needs
Before and After school kindergarten supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Brantford, ON19 oktober 2018
Working with families is very rewarding. This company allows educators to organize programs in a personal way to meet the needs of children including those children with special needs.
Pluspunten
many opportunities to enhance skills
Minpunten
very high expectations but not enough time in a program to meet them
Bedrijfscultuur
You and your family get a free membership
JANITOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Helena, MT19 oktober 2018
You only work m maybe 2 hours tops a night for 5 days a week. However, upon working there you and your family get a free membership for the YMCA. It would be a perfect job for a college student.
Free membership
Only work 2 hours tops a night
Bedrijfscultuur
workplace was fun and productive
Y Instructor CYF program (voormalige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON19 oktober 2018
fun. learned so much about patients, being able to solve problems more than one way. staff and management were great to work with. loved coming to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Working for the YMCA has been rewarding
Director of Facilities (huidige medewerker) –  Burbank, CA19 oktober 2018
Enjoy working for a cause driven company. Managers are top notch and ensure your success in employment. YMCA allows you to be creative and is open to explore new opportunities.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
great place
Fitness Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Lancaster, OH18 oktober 2018
I enjoyed my time working at the Y. I had a good workout class in the 80's. Lots of fun and great people. Exercise is so beneficial for you. You are burning calories and building strength and meeting new people and making new friends.
My first job
Shift Lead / Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO18 oktober 2018
Starting about 10 years ago, the Y has been a huge part of my family. Two other members of my family also work there and we frequently volunteer and give back to our community because of it.
Ymca
Summer Camp Leader, Rancho Family YMCA (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA18 oktober 2018
I watched children and helped them during activities for PLAY and during summer camp. The most difficult part was many of the children do not listen to adults.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag