YMCA Reviews

Alle 17.743 reviews worden getoond
aftercare supervisor
Assistant Supervising Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Abington, PA15 december 2017
People are great to work with but they make sure that you don't make over 40,000 a year so they can get grants
they pay minimum wage to most people they don't offer many hours unless you do summer camp thats a full 8 hours a day but for the money it isn't worth it and they hardly ever pay for any mediatory meetings
Pluspunten
nice people working with kids
Minpunten
no paid days off even if they are closed
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work depending on where you worl
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chester, VA15 december 2017
I have worked at 2 places when I worked for the YMCA. The supervisors and directors are wonderful and they are really passionate about what they do. However, management and the people under them care for themselves and not the children. They are in their positions for the money and chose to put on a facade when their boss comes around.
Pluspunten
Fun and a learning experience
short breaks
Enjoyed working with LiveStrong Group
Director, Paint 'n pARTy (huidige medewerker) –  Wilmington, NC15 december 2017
My heARTistic Wellness program is an uplifting activity for the Livestrong cancer survival group. The Wilmington YMCA is a great facility for many healthy activities. Its staff members are very helpful providing ample seating, tables and equipment for comfortable participation in classroom events.
Great Environment
Child Center Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Peachtree Corners, GA15 december 2017
Some days go easy other days are fast pace, depending on the amount of children we have. The work place culture, overall, is very friendly and respectful, not to mention very supportive of one another.
Heart breaking
Preschool teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Klamath Falls, OR14 december 2017
I did not enjoy working at the YMCA. The management there never show up to work and never had things plan out. It was very unorganized. The pay was low and people did not get as many hours and there was never the right amount of staffing there doing the preschool hours.
Consistant routine checks
MANAGER ON DUTY (voormalige medewerker) –  Portage, IN14 december 2017
Consistently walking through facility checking every equipment is functional.
Addressing all issues that a guest may have, and meeting their satisfaction.
Experience in management field
same route each day
Great first job!
Member Services Leader/Receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX14 december 2017
I would recommend working at the YMCA for anyone who's young and still in school. I loved every aspect of the job except only management can work over 29 hours which is why it is not a good job for someone who is financially independent.
All about the kids
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Waianae, HI14 december 2017
I've been working here for 5 years I enjoy being a role model to the students and fellow new workers, they take care of everyone and listen to suggestions and care for one another. Workers are kind and friendly, I enjoy being around my site director.
Very self rewarding
Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Berkeley, CA14 december 2017
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Fun Work Place
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Florida14 december 2017
A great environment where you get to work with kids and be creative. Staff is nice, and the boss is really understanding they care, to bad its part-time.
people, fun
part-time
review
After School Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Round Rock, TX14 december 2017
Usually a counselor will have 20 kids to them selves. I once had 26 kinder-gardeners to myself for a whole semester. The kids are awesome and fun to be around. What else is nice is you get the weekends off and you work the same hours mon-fri.
working there for co-op
Co-op Student (voormalige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON14 december 2017
working at a ymca for my co-op was an amazing experience everyone there was very nice and helpful when needed. they always greeted people with a smile sometimes remeber certain people and that was cool for me to experience i would really enjoy an opportunity to work there again in the future.
Pluspunten
working with children, getting to see the smile on peoples faces
no cons
Fun workplace
Summer Camp Team Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Cumming, GA14 december 2017
This is a really good job for teenagers or college students looking for some money to spend. The kids can be really great and its a very relaxed environment. Dealing with parents can sometimes be difficult, but that is very rare.
Pluspunten
fun, kids make you laugh, good environment
lack of clear management
I Love the Y
Healthy Aging Coordinator/ Senior Experience Coor. (huidige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL13 december 2017
No place I'd rather be than to care for members 65 and better. not just a place to exercise but a place to socialize. Hardest part about my job is not being able to please everyone.
Members
Minpunten
You dont want to go home.
Good for College
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Swim Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA13 december 2017
Good college or side job but the branch I worked at had awful management with little communication. It did not treat its workers fairly and the turnover was way too high. Good for college though to pack hours in around your schedule but that's about it.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was an awsome work environment.
Building Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL13 december 2017
My day would consist of cleaning all exercise equipment making sure exercise room stays neat and clean and sanitized. The work experience was awesome. I met a lot of new people and it opened doors to new opportunities. My manager as well as my supervisor were awesome.
Pluspunten
Discount on YMCA membership.
No benefits
full of fun
kids gym attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV13 december 2017
good for first time job.
very flexible.
have to love working with children.
have to be creative and resourceful.
should be friendly and approachable..
part time only
Bedrijfscultuur
Close knit, fun place to work.
Customer Service/Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakewood, OH13 december 2017
Employees worked as an unit to provide our customers the highest level service. Hardest part was when enrollment for classes and child care registration. Hundreds of enrollments. We care about each other.
Pluspunten
We were a well oil machine. We worked together to succeed.
Minpunten
Lakewood branch atmosphere changed after it reopen.
Very friendly work setting
Sports Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Mattoon, IL13 december 2017
Working at the YMCA gave me a great deal of enjoyment. The people and members made everyday a pleasure. Management was willing to help out and serve as mentors.
Autonomy
Non profit pay
Relaxed environment
CHILDWATCH ATTENDANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ13 december 2017
fun job if you like working with kids. Most of the employees are very friendly. hours are limited and the hourly salary is minimum wage. good for a first job.
FUN