YMCA Reviews

22.922 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.924 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyable, friendly and active work site.
Center Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA12 november 2018
engaged with members, interacted and communication was always enjoyable. planned and implemented different activities with the seniors and shared information. Continually incorporated new ideas and conversation using community time luncheons and sharing of all ages
community oriented
small old facility
Amazing Place to Work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, NC12 november 2018
The YMCA is an amazing place to work! I loved working here as a high school student and would go back in a heart beat. They offer great benefits and amazing community.
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall great atmosphere with the right people
Development, Special Events & Alumni Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Colebrook, CT12 november 2018
The mission of the YMCA is inspiring, but the attitudes of the people around you can encourage or maim this inspiration. The pay is low because they are a nonprofit so you have to be in it for the right reasons.
benefits after 2 years, 20 vacation days
Minpunten
expectation to take on more responsibilities without compensation
love my job
Fitness Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Effingham County, GA12 november 2018
love my job and the people I work with(members) are great. It is a great way to help those who don't know how to exercise correctly do so without hurting them selves. it is also a way to meet people who can give you the social aspect that is sometimes missing in other gyms
Pluspunten
great place to work out and get payed to do it. it changes peoples lives
Minpunten
i wished there where more full time employment opportunitues
exciting
Activities Co-ordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA12 november 2018
excellent temporary position abroad working with children from all different backgrounds. Working at camp whittle was the best summer of my life and i made some truly amazing life long friends through this experience!
My favorite job
Prime Time Councellor (voormalige medewerker) –  Vicksburg, MS12 november 2018
I miss the kids, playing games outside in the heat with them made this job worth while when I was 16. Looking past the minimum wage, the breaking of my fingers, butting heads with my supervisor, watching them propagate the children, and meeting some of the parents who did not care about the children...I still miss that job and I will never forget the one of the happiest periods in my life where I felt I was doing a good job to appreciative people aka the children.
Pluspunten
Fun work environment, lots of physical activities, easy job
Minpunten
Propaganda and zero tolerance policies
Personal Breaks
Assistant Aquatics Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA12 november 2018
the breaks are nice and isolated and if you go in for a rescue, they give you some time to change and dry up. The people are all very ice, very interactive and social costumer service
YMCA camp cory
Dining Hall Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Penn Yan, NY12 november 2018
Working for the YMCA Camp cory has given me leadership skills, people working skills, communication skills, and many more rewards than is possible to write out in a review. This job has impacted my life in more ways than one as it has brought me into a family of coworkers and a culture of life that is the basis of the camp experience. Working with children, and other staff is hard work but is so great as people are so interesting. This job is hard but it is great work.
Pluspunten
Live on camp, working with kids, fun job, working with friends
Minpunten
low wages, stressful, little time to yourself
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fulfilling wotking with children and families
Family Services Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA12 november 2018
I enjoyed working with children families. The staff get along well and are there to serve one purpose which is to ensure the health and safety of the families. This agency allows for Social Work practice at its best serving those in need!
Pluspunten
Paid vacation time off and major holidays!
Highly recommended
Referee, gym monito and score keeper (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX12 november 2018
Fun environment coaches great parents great people great referrers great kids awesome jerseys great building advanced technology up to date scoreboard
Optional
Between events
Productive and Goal Oriented
Aquatic Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Anderson, IN11 november 2018
The YMCA has helped me focus on my potential and refine that to meet appropriate workplace standards. Without the YMCA I was not as prepared to be a leader in the workplace.
Bedrijfscultuur
Decently structured, some uncertainty in management
YMCA After School Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Raleigh, NC11 november 2018
Overall good starting point, but not much room for advancement. No performance-based incentives which doesn't provide motivation to perform to the best of abilities.
Free membership
Minimal hours, unclear instructions
Not high paying
Front Desk Receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  Wallingford, CT11 november 2018
I loved working for The YMCA. I worked in the front desk, and unfortunately it is not high paying enough to sustain a living. If it was high paying and provided benefits, I might still be there.
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxed, easy-going job, but limited growth opportunites
Personal Trainer + "Wellness Coach" (voormalige medewerker) –  Midlothian, VA11 november 2018
Help members with their fitness needs in varying capacities; this varies depending whether doing personal training or monitoring the fitness area.

Management can be self-serving and lacks a clear executive vision.
Flexible Hours, Easy Tasks, Friendly Coworkers
Minpunten
Out of touch management, few pay increases
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job if you're good with kids and working with others, very stressful
YMCA Camp Program Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Ellsworth, ME11 november 2018
Working at Camp Jordan is an absolute joy, but it helps that I am good at working with kids and with other adults. This job requires 24/7 attentiveness and kindness, as well as patience and consideration. You have to resolve issues both between campers and with coworkers while only getting one hour off every 24 hour day. It's a lot of work, but incredibly rewarding. I learned just how much I could positively impact a child's life simply by showing them kindness and compassion, by being honest and firm, by being the best person I can be for them. Having my campers wanting to see me next year and letting me know how much they'll miss me is a payment beyond comparison.

My bosses were amazing, and did an incredible job holding the camp and the staff together during difficulties. When the power goes out they know just what to do, when a camper is missing from their station they're calm and collected, and when a camper is throwing a tantrum they are kind yet stern. They truly know what they're doing and while being fearless Directors are also amazing friends.

A typical day we wake up at 7 to get any campers who want to do morning activities to their classes, then wake up the rest of the campers at 7:30 to get ready for breakfast. Then we go down to the flagpole, go to Chapel, and then sing songs before breakfast. After breakfast the counselors bring their campers back to their cabin for cabin cleanup. Then at 10 the campers go to their first activity, then at 11 to their second. All activities are taught by the Counselors and the Directors. After this there's lunch, then Siesta
  meer... (nap time in the cabin) then Cabin bonding (the cabin does an activity of their choice together) and then Dinner. After dinner there's a evening activity, then it's bedtime anywhere from 9:30-11. Repeat.  minder
Pluspunten
Free sweatshirt and t-shirt, three free meals a day, fantastic staff and management
Minpunten
Short breaks, only one day off a week, lots of patience required
On ymca
Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Medford, OR10 november 2018
I took care of over 70 kids at the cite that i was at.
i learned how to help children with homework and help them solve their everyday problems,
management was not supportive to their staff.
very stressful
Hardest part was trying to get help with one of the cocworker .
i enjoyed taking with children and helping them do homework and doing fun art projects with them
Pluspunten
making positive relationships with the children
Minpunten
the cite was to big for little to no staff
Bedrijfscultuur
Ability to interact with others in a relaxed environment
Volleyball Referee (voormalige medewerker) –  Easley, SC10 november 2018
A typical day included the set up and break down of volleyball equipment. I was responsible for making calls on rules pertaining to volleyball. I learned to be fair with players, parents, and couches. The management was considerate and flexible. I would not say there was a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing players achieve small goals throughout the games.
Responsible for only myself
Seasonal
Life changing.
Junior Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Burlington, KY10 november 2018
Working at YMCA Camp Ernst has changed my life. I attended Camp Ernst as a camper around the age of 10 and haven't missed a year since. As a child I looked up to my counselors, and I hope my campers now look up to me. Being a camp counselor is the most rewarding job I can think of. Although this is mostly a summer job, I wouldnt't trade it for the world.
Pluspunten
Great atmosphere. Rewarding. Fun.
Nonprofit organization pay.
Fun workplace
Manger and Member Service (huidige medewerker) –  Muncie, IN10 november 2018
really good about being flexible with your hours as a college student this was crucial for me. also fun environment with customers. management is pretty good as well
Bedrijfscultuur
It is an okay place to work
Member Services Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Burlington, NC10 november 2018
Guidance on standard operating procedures and guidelines is not proactive, it is reactive.
Information on procedural changes is not readily accessible.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag