YMCA Reviews

Alle 19.481 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun work environment
Leader & Organizer (voormalige medewerker) –  Gaza City17 februari 2018
Being an active member at the YMCA since i was a child was the first step of meeting people and socializing with people outside home by myself and i was the best environment on both social and moral levels that i could easily adapt.
Great Place to Work!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI17 februari 2018
Working at the YMCA was an amazing Entry level Opportunity. I learned about how to enter a work force, cooperate with others, and made many friends. I would recommend it to anyone.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent idea. Bad execution.
Assistant Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY17 februari 2018
The idea of creating a safe place for the kids to flourish was definitely there. But between lazy management and unmotivated coworkers the concept fell short in the field.
Kids are awesome!
Minpunten
Making sure your supervisor does the right thing.
Poor management
Accounts Receivable Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH17 februari 2018
No training manuals, manager very difficult to talk with, paid for 40 hours but required to clock out and continue working, no accounting structure in place, manager does not like suggestions her way or no way, potential fraud, no checks and balances, too many games. Beware is the best word to describe this place.
Good technical staff
Minpunten
Old software, bad manager, no communication.
Poor management
Children & Adolescent Therapist (voormalige medewerker) –  Matawan, NJ17 februari 2018
Poor management, no career advancement and poor work life balance. The administrative staff behaves unprofessional. The work culture is reactive instead of proactive. Supervisors DO NOT protect staff, but themselves.
Great company
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Marco Island, FL17 februari 2018
The ymca is a great job it is has a family feel to it they make you feel at home always good energy no funny vibes I recommend this job to anyone who is looking to be surrounded by great people.
It sucked
Aquatics Staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Sumner, WA17 februari 2018
I was a lifeguard and swim instructor, and it was by far the worst job ever. The management talks behind everyones back, and it's basically like another high school there. So much drama, and it caused me to lose 10 pounds from all of the stress. Coworkers are rude and don't take being a lifeguard or swim instructor seriously.
Easy and relaxed
Teen Programs assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stanwood, WA16 februari 2018
If you love kids from the ages of kindergarten to highschool this is a great relaxing job that works with any schedule. Also get a free gym membership even if just part-time.
Easy, free membership
Minpunten
Low pay and hard to advance
Great summer job
Waterfront Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Ipswich, MA16 februari 2018
The Y is a great place to work as a teenager during the summer. The staff is friendly and working with children is very rewarding, but it doesn't allow for a lot of advancement.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good overall place to be
Volunteer (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Erie, ON16 februari 2018
the workers are very nice and patient with others. everyone is able to enjoy the experience there. employees are able work with each other well and without complications
awesome co workers
age restrictions
great job
LIFEGUARD (voormalige medewerker) –  Rochester, NY16 februari 2018
I was there mainly to have a membership I ended up receiving the presidents award I loved the job but was deployed by the army but came back to work out there
family atmosphere
Minpunten
benefits
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The place was such a great place to work... if you can handle hoards of children
Moody YMCA Child Watch Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  University Park, TX16 februari 2018
The job can be stressful at times, simply because of the sheer number of kids present, but that's not the norm. Expect to get your clothes dirty from snot and dirt, but if none of that bugs you then you're golden.
Never a dull moment
Minpunten
Breaks, not much advancement opportunities
Supporting The Community
Director of Maintenance & Facilities (huidige medewerker) –  South Bend, IN16 februari 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about the YMCA.
I love the YMCA Culture.
Leadership team is excellent.
The entire staff is dedicated to the YMCA's Mission.
Working With Members
To many Hours, Salary
Lifeguard Review
LIFEGUARD (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA16 februari 2018
I was a lifeguard at the South Valley YMCA in San Jose, and I had a wonderful time working there. the patrons were plesant ( for the most part) and the staff is excellent and friendly. I always understood my duties, who does what,and how we all interacted on a job level.
Great Coworkers, Flexible Scheduling, Regular Breaks
Can be stressful, Snooty Members
Great Place nd Environment
Toddler Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsfield, MA16 februari 2018
Enjoyed my experience there. I met a lot of great people who became like family. They were supportive to my goals and career choices and helped fit my schedule around my school needs.
Poor Management
Former Aquatic Employee (voormalige medewerker) –  Kelowna, BC16 februari 2018
The management did not provide a healthy environment for the employees and there were several problems brought up with no solution ever proposed. Scheduling can be forced, and finding replacements for these shifts is nearly impossible. The manager is very unapproachable and can be condescending when asked basic questions. Although the workplace environment was not pleasurable, the coworkers were fantastic and the family were a highlight to work with.
Working with great families, Coworkers
Management, Scheduling
Bedrijfscultuur
good job. Needs better benefits.
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Twin Falls, ID16 februari 2018
It was a decent job, and I learned a lot in regards to first-aid and supervision, but it had little benefits and low pay for a job that saves lives. That being said, my coworkers and managers were all friendly and even tempered.
Discount membership
biweekly paychecks
Productive, fun
Preschool Teacher (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Joseph, MO16 februari 2018
Work at the CLC is a lot of fun. The director of the CLC is an amazing woman. As well as the other staff. The most stressful part about it is is not getting paid what is deserved. It's always a joy seeing the children's bright smiles early in the morning. Seeing them learn and grow is very rewarding.
Ymca
Climbing Wall Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC16 februari 2018
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. Summer camp offers many people to give back to their community and help children add a well rounded skill level to their lives.
Bedrijfscultuur
My typical day is working out or going to a group exercise class that to the AFC(Active Family Center), At the end of the day we clean up and leave.
Child Care Worker/Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Kent County Warwick, RI16 februari 2018
I love working at the YMCA, its like a second home. There is always something to do for parents and children. The best benefit is free membership, but the pay is low with no raises.
Free membership