YMCA Reviews

Alle 17.700 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Substitute Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Edison, NJ10 december 2017
It is a nice place to work. It has a positive environment to have great work culture and entertain the children. The professional atmosphere at YMCA is excellent!
Nice facility
Site Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Woburn, MA10 december 2017
This site is one of the newer YMCAs and the main building is beautiful. As an employee you have access to the gym and pool. It was a great starting place for me as a high school kid to learn both how to hold down a job as well as some how to be responsible for a group of children.
Ymca
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Dripping Springs, TX10 december 2017
It's a good place to work if you're interested in working with kids in your future! You get to go on weekly field trips and go swimming in the summer, which is a lot of fun. There is a lot of kids, but as long as you work together, and come up with fun activities, it's not too hard of a job.
Free Membership
Bedrijfscultuur
If you are good with kids, and enjoy their company: Go for it
Director (huidige medewerker) –  Grover Beach, CA10 december 2017
I am enjoying working at the YMCA because I enjoy the children, but I do feel for the amount we do, we aren't getting enough to live off of. Great job and opportunity though, I love the kids and the YMCA all around.
Not worth the hassle
Counselor 2 (voormalige medewerker) –  Round Rock, TX10 december 2017
The YMCA may be great in other counties, but the Williamson county afterschool program is aweful. Let's just say I was happy to resign and even happier I never put my child in those programs. Don't expect to move up and if you are a site coordinator expect to take whatever heat or threats your manager throws at you.
Pluspunten
You get to meet a lot of great kids.
Minpunten
Most of the managers are not very nice.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun workplace with wonderful co-workers
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Superior, WI10 december 2017
If I had the first shift my day would start by unlocking the pool deck area. Then I would check the schedule to see what the day would consist of. Overall the hardest part of the job would be properly responding to emergency situations.
Pluspunten
When it is slow there are frequent breaks.
Minpunten
Can get hectic, sometimes understaffed.
Overall flexible and relaxed
KidZone Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Wyoming, MI10 december 2017
The work environment of the KidZone is very relaxed but can become stressful when there are multiple kids in your care. I learned how to stay calm and level-headed while maintaining control even when I was in charge of multiple children. Co-workers and members alike are very good people. I love interacting with people as much as I can.
Pluspunten
Free membership or discounted family membership
Minpunten
No health care or insurance
工作環境好
活動工作員 (voormalige medewerker) –  Tsuen Wan, New Territories9 december 2017
工作態度好, 有效率, 對工作有熱誠, 工作環境好, 有員工進修, 有文職經驗, 工作守時, 有福利
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Membership Administrator (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX9 december 2017
Over all it's a great place to work even if it was just part time. The management and work place was just wonderfu. Yes, sometime you have your days, but it's a customer service job as well
The people.
Minpunten
Low pay for the work you habe to put in at times.
na
Daycare Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Greenfield, WI9 december 2017
higher pay would keep quality workers
better administrative management
great friendships
great clients
the daycare staff is underpaid but brings in many clients
great workplace
Facility Housekeeping Attendant (FA) (voormalige medewerker) –  Edmonton, AB9 december 2017
great place to work and meet people. learning experiences are great but can be challenging. It helps if you are social, kind, into health and willing to help out anyone even if its not 'your area'.
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Pittsford, NY9 december 2017
Good job for high schoolers. Typical day is scanning the pool during busy family swim hours. Most enjoyable is the friendships made during periods of time when there is no one in the pool.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great experience for anyone who is willing to work.
Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New Hyde Park, NY9 december 2017
This was the best job over the summer that I ever had. The people were great along with the kids. Management was very flexible when I had family events to attend. I would definitely recommend working here as I will be every summer.
very fun
Child Care Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Belleville, IL9 december 2017
I loved working at the Y. it slowly became my home away from home, that's how welcomed they made me feel. I was a child care associate and I loved every minute of it
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun place to work at
Assistant Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethlehem, PA9 december 2017
While working at the YMCA I enjoyed spending time with children and helping them learn and grow. At the YMCA I learned that a lot children need love and attention.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a faith based organization
Child Care Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Lexington, KY9 december 2017
I work in Child Watch in Lexington Kentucky. And the environment is very competitive n the director has there picks of favorites. If they don't like you they'll do absolutely anything to get rid of you. And hire people to be coordinator who reconlie you talk down to you. And tell you right in your face it's was misunderstanding no it's called harassment by law. Can't wait to leave this job n never look back.
Seeing the children
Minpunten
Everything else from management on down
Bedrijfscultuur
Good
Instructional Basketball Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Scarborough8 december 2017
Fun and interesting culture, with workers and attendees being very friendly. It was nice and bright, very welcoming for newcomers. I worked as a volunteer and it was easy to get into such a place.
Working with children
Teacher's Aide (huidige medewerker) –  Frederick, MD8 december 2017
A typical day at work was to be responsible for children ages 3-5 years old, duties include but not limited to:
• Safety on the bus to and from school, including field trips
• Assisting bus driver with fire drills on the bus
• Assisting teacher to provide formal structure & education to children in the classroom
• Participated and assisted teacher with parent meetings
Bedrijfscultuur
Poor management, low pay and awful organization
Before and After School Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Farmington Hills, MI8 december 2017
Working at the Y, I assumed it was the perfect job because I am going into a career that deals with kids. I was wrong. Management constantly talks down to you and does not like to admit when they make a mistake. They expect you to do your very best when they supply you with the bare minimum. They do not practice what they preach. They will make you feel like you do not belong and are always doing something wrong. I put in my two weeks and didn’t even get a reply from my boss who constantly thinks she is a superior being. No. Get down from your high horse. We are expected to stick to the rules which is not a problem, except they do not give you the proper resources to do such. I would never recommend this job to anyone. This job is awful and they need a serious attitude check.
Ya
Group Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Victoria, TX8 december 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place as it is dirty and no one really cares what's going on as if they are just there to collect a check. I worked with kids which was the best part.

Algehele waardering