YMCA Reviews

Alle 21.861 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Kids
After School Program Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida State, FL11 augustus 2018
It was fun working with the kids letting them learn new things taking them on trips and seeing them enjoy themselfs seeing the kids happy always made me happy
Pros and Cons
Membership Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO11 augustus 2018
Front desk staff are friendly and members are generally fun to interact with. The main problems at the YMCA are poor management, and micromanaging issues. Other issues include poor pay, lack of advancement opportunities, and illegal hours. Some facilities schedule their staff for more than 6 hours per shift without break.
Bedrijfscultuur
what started off as a great experience turned into a nightmare
Registered Early Childhood Educator (voormalige medewerker) –  niagara region11 augustus 2018
I worked for this organization for a very long time. In the beginning it was an amazing experience. Then in the last few years the experience changed. I never felt like I belonged. I would ask for help and not receive it in the way I hoped I would. I felt that the team was divided and the supervisor and management played favourites. Then after an incident that happened with others involved I was let go and others got to keep their positions. I felt like management used me as a scapegoat. So what started as a wonderful experience ended with a negative note.
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
poor management, gossiping about other staff to other staff, divided team by supervisor, not feeling appreciated
It's fun to work at the
Certified Personal Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC11 augustus 2018
The best thing about personal training at the YMCA is the lack of stress pushing your clientele toward purchasing supps, packages, or hitting a set number of sessions serviced. They pay well based off experience and you are allowed to train! Imagine that....
Good Workplace
Aquatics Staff Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Silverdale, WA11 augustus 2018
High stress as a lifeguard, normally one constant task, Very high stress, and at times very low lax pool hours. The hardest part of the job for some is being attent 24/7 to the pool and all of its attendees. Must be able to micromanage the entirety of the pool all at once while also supervising the deck, hot tub, and sauna areas.
Pluspunten
A diverse, and friend place to work
Minpunten
High Stress, May not always have breaks when needed as per say employee handbook.
A fun place to work
Child care coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  California10 augustus 2018
It was very fast pace and many activities to do with children. It was a good job to start off with after high school. I learned how to work with children and other staff.
Bedrijfscultuur
Poor health and safety conditions
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Beckley, WV10 augustus 2018
I couldn't take restroom breaks, the pool was not properly treated, and I was often left alone with mass amounts of children. The employees were all very nice and helpful, though.
free swimming
Minpunten
no breaks, got robbed, pay became inconsistent
Great co-workers and facility
Business Operations Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Exeter, NH10 augustus 2018
The YMCA allows for a good work/life balance with free access to the facility and flexible working hours. The YMCA has access to robust job training through Y-USA making it a great place for a new professional to begin their career
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to earn extra money
Member Services Associate Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, IL10 augustus 2018
Working at a non-profit is great if you have another source of income. I worked their for the members and the connections I had with members and Staff
Pluspunten
members, staff, working for a non profit, flexible hours
inconsistency, lack of incentive
Gym, pool, rock wall
Boise - Lead Occupancy (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID10 augustus 2018
I had a great routine going, my coworkers were always so nice and helpful. I was eager to go to work everyday because it wasn't stressful and I knew how to stay active by doing my job well and helping others.
Laid off
Administrative Services Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Stevens Point, WI10 augustus 2018
I was laid off from the YMCA. I only had the job for three weeks. The YMCA never asked me if I could do any different job duties. I did not enjoyed the time while I was there.
N/a
Porter (huidige medewerker) –  California10 augustus 2018
Typical day you go to a different elementary school to teach PE, Days can last from 3 to 6 hours.
The YMCA is a good place to work, the managers there always are willing to help you.
Never a Dull Moment
Camp Director, Parkway YMCA, West Roxbury (huidige medewerker) –  Boston, MA10 augustus 2018
This job requires strong leadership and responsibility, but the reward of working with children everyday is priceless. Kids are always a handful, but everyday will become a new adventure. It is a powerful experience watching the growth and development of kids over a period of time, especially interacting with them on a daily basis. The Y is a nonprofit organization, which pays low wages to employees. Though, the experience of it all is irreplaceable.
Skills, experience, management
benefits, wages, hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for a student in college or high school who is saving up.
Youth development assistant and specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Spring Hill, FL10 augustus 2018
Is a decent workplace for someone who just needs a little extra side money. Making $8.30 an hour at 3.5 to 4 hours a day isn’t ideal for paying rent and a car. I wouldn’t recommend to someone who needed to make money to live, I would recommend to someone who needed a little extra on the side for food and such.
Pluspunten
Family like Staff at times, sometimes flexible schedule
Minpunten
Children can be stressful for someone with no training(me), always felt like we were competing with other programs
Field work experience
Health and Wellness Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Grandville, MI10 augustus 2018
My major is Exercise Science, working here has given experience in my field of study. I job requires me to help people new to fitness by showing them how to use exercise equipment. I really learned how to deal with people by instructing and communicating with them. I really working in a fitness department.
Experience
Low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Working with children, enjoy working together with the employees.
Lead Teacher (huidige medewerker) –  Henderson, NC10 augustus 2018
I enjoy working with very nice people. The management has really helped me with my working here. I can say they are really caring people. I would recommend YMCA to someone who is looking for a part-time job.
Not the greatest.
Daycare Assistant Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Clair Shores, MI10 augustus 2018
If you love kids, that is the only perk of the job. There are no benefits. Also, all the teachers there are related. As in, a lot of favouritism. You are expected to watch every hour you work. If you go over 40 in a week they won't pay you overtime. I was once sent home for 3 hours and expected to come back. There are plenty of good daycares around, don't go to this one.
Great kids
Minpunten
Bad managment, bad teachers, no benefits.
Bedrijfscultuur
super place to work, very involved with the neighhood
Southeast YMCA (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY9 augustus 2018
Great place, would recommend to any one, was proud to work there and help some of the unfortunate, had a problem with coworker that became my boss, was let go shortly after that, did not agree with the way she treated her employees.
Pluspunten
the people you work with and for
Bedrijfscultuur
pleasant place to work. welcoming staff
youth program leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint John, NB9 augustus 2018
friendly workers, easy to work with . only reason for leaving was due to lack of work hours i was receiving. very well managed business, great management.
friendly
hours
Bedrijfscultuur
This was a voluntary job
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Camp Hill, PA9 augustus 2018
I enjoyed this position. Working with the children was very rewarding. Everyday was something new and exciting. I loved watching the children grow up
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag