YMCA Reviews

Alle 20.730 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
fun work place, active, new experience
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY20 mei 2018
Working in YMCA I got to learn a lot about not only the kids but also about me. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles of the kids on their faces and the urge to want to learn more. In addition to them teaching me new things and ways of how to do it. The hardest part of the job would be not having the answer for the kids depending on whats being asked. The staff all work really well with one another. overall a good environment to be in especially for the children.
Fun and interesting workplace
Louisville, Ky- Group Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY20 mei 2018
I loved working with the Y. The only reason I dont work there is because I started school. The children are very fun and creative. I worked to organized developmental activities to teach the kids something new every day, but they taught me just as much as I taught them.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and interactive work place
Staff (huidige medewerker) –  Dorchester, MA20 mei 2018
At the YMCA my job was to facilitate campers and teen staffs. I worked with children throughout the whole day, varying from ages 5-13. Field trips with the campers must have been the most enjoyable part of this job. Many of these children aren't given the opportunity to explore certain place due to low income so seeing their faces in a different setting was priceless.
Bedrijfscultuur
fun but lots of red tape
Lifeguard and swim instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Kelowna, BC20 mei 2018
fun and engaging environment however getting time off and communication can be bogged down by sometimes poor management staff. High turnaround of staff as well.
fun
red tape
ymca
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Spartanburg, SC19 mei 2018
Just watch kids swim. On weekend mornings you might have to watch a birthday party of kids. Hardest thing about the job is staying awake. Has 4 hour shifts
Bedrijfscultuur
Pay isn’t great, neither is management
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  O'Fallon, MO19 mei 2018
There is no communication between management and staff. Staff are constantly told what we do wrong. They do not pay well, and if you were to work summer camp, they would drop your pay to $8.50/hour
Bedrijfscultuur
A lovely to place to work.
Direct Care Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO19 mei 2018
A good place to work with a great boss and good coworkers. A place good for clients to come for everyday activities of everyday living. A nice place for a retore person to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
Day at work being a coach
Referee/Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  East Palo Alto, CA19 mei 2018
I am a athlete myself so me teaching the kids how to become a successful athlete was very fun for me. The kids taught me how to become more patient due to all of their different character traits. Dealing with the kids parents is not always an easy thing to handle, but I was responsible enough to be on the good side of each one of my players parents.
The Y
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Queens, NY18 mei 2018
I love working at YMCA. The kids where a joy to be around and they just make your day seeing them learning and having fun. The lessons that where thought was to help stimulate the kids minds
Productive and fun environment
Ymca site director (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX18 mei 2018
I loved my time there, a wonderful environment. The kids were amazing and so were my managers. I loved the people I worked with and I would never trade it back for the wolrd.
Fun place to work
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Mississauga, ON18 mei 2018
Great place to be around kids, but really people any age. It is a lot of fun watching over and interacting with the kids at the Y. There are also many activities available that make it even more enjoyable.
Bedrijfscultuur
I enjoyed the job i did verry much but management was not good.
Head lifeguard/ swim instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Van Nuys, CA18 mei 2018
Being a swim instructor/lifeguard was great. Teaching children and adults to swim was great. Management there was not very good though. The hours were really great, early in the day for lifeguarding and mid afternoon for lessons.
Fun, Engaging Environment
Voluntary Children's Basketball Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  Torbay18 mei 2018
Spent time running girls basketball sessions to promote this in the South West. Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of the girls and helping them develop basketball skills.
Fun, energetic work place
Counsel Clients & Caretakers (voormalige medewerker) –  Oceanside, CA18 mei 2018
I loved working for the YMCA! Even with a not so great manager, it was still a great working atmosphere. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a full day of activities, and not just staring at the clock until you get to leave.
fun job that pushes you
Swim Instructor and Life Guard (voormalige medewerker) –  34 Washington st Naperville il18 mei 2018
this job is good for teens and people looking for a part time job. the training is a lot and kind of hard but it is worth it for all the certifications that you receive.
fun coworkers
stressful
fun place
Head Swim Instructor / Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakewood Ranch, FL18 mei 2018
favorite job of all!
was able to work with children
swim everyday
i was incharge of my direct area which was fantastic
and knowing everyone and everyone knowing me
fun place
not much pay
Bedrijfscultuur
If you love working with kids on a great team, this is the place to be!
Camp Counselor, bus driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI18 mei 2018
During the spring and summer sessions I was a bus driver. I arrived at 6:AM and drove to various YMCA locations to pick up day campers. I returned to work at 3:30 PM to take the day campers back home. There was the occasional Saturday trip to Camp in the thumb.

During the fall session I was a camp counselor and led everything from pioneering to archery.
Pluspunten
Wonderful environment and a great team.
Minpunten
Long days, but worth every minute of it!
Summer Junior Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Palmyra, NJ18 mei 2018
Working at the YMCA was stressful sometimes, but also fun. You're dealing with kids so you just have to be very aware of the children you're assigned and you gotta deal with their attitudes along with their parents.
Pluspunten
Nice summer job that pays well
Review on Summer
Volunteer Event Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY18 mei 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was a day doing activities not staying home and enjoying the summer. I learned to uplift my job skills from working at the YMCA the management was great.So was the work culture the hardest part of the job was keeping all the kids together because some fought and other listened but we all knew how to get along which had built my work experience..
Long Time Experience
Swim Team Coach, Swim Instructor, Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL18 mei 2018
I've worked at the Y since I was 16 and there was nothing that was left out of the expectations that I had everyday. It was easy to learn how to work with others and grow as an individual and a team member.
Very flexible schedule
Minpunten
New Aquatic directors liked to ruin the peace the job had
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag