YMCA Reviews

Alle 19.517 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Pay , but long hours not a good work/life balance
Multi Site Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Overland Park, KS18 februari 2018
No consistency in pay throughout the organization. If you give an inch of your time they take a mile. Work / Life balance is not a thing.
Good pay within Youth development service , bad pay within the centers themselves.
good pay under YOUTH DEV SERVICES
Minpunten
pay was not good within the centers
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and developed professional skills
Camp Counselor (Volunteer) (voormalige medewerker) –  Campbell, CA18 februari 2018
Relaxed but serious work environment. Great for developing professional and social skills. Forced to work with people that you may not agree with in order to succeed.
Bedrijfscultuur
Senior Day Camp Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Edmond, OK18 februari 2018
I was a camp coordinator for two years. It was a fine place to work, but the demanding hours can be a little daunting. There is a great culture and everyone has a good attitude.
Mon expérience dans la YMCA
Moniteur de camp d'été à Toronto (voormalige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON18 februari 2018
Ce travail ma permis d'avoir un tout premier contact avec des jeunes personnes en étant un assistant. De plus, mon anglais a était grandement améliorer parce que, entouré d'un environnement anglais, j'ai forcément optimiser cette langue. Bien évidemment, ce n'était facile au début, mais, au fil du temps, je me suis habitué.
Endroit chaleureuse
Bedrijfscultuur
The Y was a great place to work
Senior Property Engineer/Asset Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL18 februari 2018
I worked for the Y for many years and truly enjoyed it. My family got to experience the Y and my daughter got a job as a lifeguard. I got to work with great people and learned alot in the the process.
Pluspunten
Great work family life balance
PAY
Bedrijfscultuur
Great fun for the most part
instructor / Group leader (voormalige medewerker) –  Gibsons, BC18 februari 2018
This was a great experience that advanced my understanding of the world. The work load in summer was unbearable often only really getting very few hours a week off, that includes sleep.
Great summer job
Summer Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Greenville, SC17 februari 2018
Great place for student to work for a summer job! Loved getting to hang out and lead these group of kids. The manager was great! had some great coworkers.
Healthy workplace
Gymnastics Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  Quakertown, PA17 februari 2018
It was easy for me to work at the YMCA because I was also an athlete there. I spent a lot of my time there and really got to know the other staff members and families. It is an all around productive place that is very rewarding of progress.
Free gym membership
Limited available hours
Stressful
Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Owensboro, KY17 februari 2018
Lack of trained staff . CEO has no leadership and is not fun to work for. Very unorganized workplace that makes for stressful environment. Upper management was unable to take responsibility of mistakes.
Ymca
Senior Case Manager/Youth Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Palmerston NT17 februari 2018
Great manager who was open to suggestions and willing to listen. Made a lot of progress with such an open mind. A wonderful team to work with along with interesting clientele.
A Nice Place to Work
Childcare Staff Member (huidige medewerker) –  Bedford, TX 7602117 februari 2018
The YMCA is a nice place to work if you are looking for a place to keep busy. The YMCA has flexible hours and the staff members are amazing, I would continue to work here if the pay were better.
Lovable community and staff
Minpunten
As a non-profit pay is minimum and the chances to advance in the company to very slim.
Bedrijfscultuur
Ok place to work. Just not enough income
Housekeeper (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH17 februari 2018
I met and greeted members. Able to utilize there facility. I enjoyed the positiveness of the atmosphere.The members were friendly and outspoken, I enjoyed bringing my kids to certain events.
Bedrijfscultuur
a good summer job or in-between careers job
Maintenance (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, OH17 februari 2018
No room for advancement really, but everyone is friendly and it is a relaxed environment and is a good part time job if you are just starting out in the workforce or have kids in school and need something in between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm.
Bedrijfscultuur
Working with children and families were great
Assistant Site Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Long Beach, CA17 februari 2018
It was my first start of working with school aged children, this is where I learned how to communicate with everyone, staff children school personnel etc. was a great place to work for me because I learn a tremendous amount of things, but the lack paying well, they are cheap and it takes a great deal to move up
Team building getaways
Minpunten
Don’t pay you what your worth
Trash
Lifeguarding and Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Lakewood, WA17 februari 2018
Justt don't work here seriously. A waste of your time and everything about it is just ridiculous. Working with high schoolers 24/7 and that's it and everyone is immature.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent work environment and culture
Child Watch Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX17 februari 2018
Everyone who works at the Y was kind and helpful and they are always there to help one another. I enjoy being apart of this community and hope to one day work there again.
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun work environment
Leader & Organizer (voormalige medewerker) –  Gaza City17 februari 2018
Being an active member at the YMCA since i was a child was the first step of meeting people and socializing with people outside home by myself and i was the best environment on both social and moral levels that i could easily adapt.
Great Place to Work!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI17 februari 2018
Working at the YMCA was an amazing Entry level Opportunity. I learned about how to enter a work force, cooperate with others, and made many friends. I would recommend it to anyone.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent idea. Bad execution.
Assistant Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY17 februari 2018
The idea of creating a safe place for the kids to flourish was definitely there. But between lazy management and unmotivated coworkers the concept fell short in the field.
Kids are awesome!
Minpunten
Making sure your supervisor does the right thing.
Poor management
Accounts Receivable Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH17 februari 2018
No training manuals, manager very difficult to talk with, paid for 40 hours but required to clock out and continue working, no accounting structure in place, manager does not like suggestions her way or no way, potential fraud, no checks and balances, too many games. Beware is the best word to describe this place.
Good technical staff
Minpunten
Old software, bad manager, no communication.

Algehele waardering