YMCA Reviews

Alle 20.805 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Productive and fun Workplace
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Lawrenceville, GA23 mei 2018
Served as a soccer coach for kids ages 3 to 6. Planned and supervised training sessions to develop general fitness and specific soccer skills was a wonderful experience. The YMCA staff was really good at communicating .
Bedrijfscultuur
Great for the kids if they have something to do!
Site Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Rockford, IL23 mei 2018
My typical day was going to the schools and doing the Y-care after school. I learned how to make slime and moon sand basically a lot of crafts and games. Workplace culture was okay. The hardest part about my job was trying to get more kids in our after school program before we loss services at that school. The things that I enjoyed the most was seeing the kids everyday and helping them out.
Free Y membership
Rude staff
Opportunity to Help Others
Program Director (huidige medewerker) –  North Attleboro, MA23 mei 2018
Working at the YMCA has given me great pride and joy to work within the mission to provide quality programming to all regardless of their ability to pay.

With that being said, the culture over the years has had its ups and downs. On the up side, the culture worked hard to empower all employees to move forward with mutual respect, creating engaged co-workers working towards a common goal of quality revenue generating programming for all. When culture and moral were at their lows, team unity was hard to find, making it challenging to have open conversation that was viewed in the best interest of the YMCA and/or individual department needs, budget or innovative programming.

The YMCA under its Cause Driven Leadership would often lead to times where your own personal family values became secondary to the work, creating challenges to the directors to continue their good work for the YMCA's mission.
mission, quality of programs
Minpunten
long hours, weekends, tough to balance family/work
Bedrijfscultuur
YMCA is a outstanding place to work
Senior District Facility Director (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL 3281923 mei 2018
Walking into the YMCA to work each day is fun and you feel like your amongst family. The core values of the YMCA are a testament to how they operate. Most all YMCA employee's are outstanding individuals who are there to serve the community and it shows in the way they operate on a day to day basis.
Productive and safe
Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Quincy, MA23 mei 2018
The job was great because the kids were great. Although sometimes things were unorganized and it would be hard to find room in the pool to teach the kids.
personally & professionally fufilling
Branch Executive (voormalige medewerker) –  Londonderry, NH23 mei 2018
Day to day operations are never the same which makes the job rewarding. love the opportunity to focus on collaborations and partnerships to support community needs. I have gained a great deal of professional & personal growth in my 10 years with the organization. i have worked with an exceptional CEO who drives to support its members
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Gym Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Newark, OH23 mei 2018
A very friendly and happy environment. Great place that always leaves you feeling uplifted by not only the staff, but also by the people that go to work out.
Good environment
Salary
na
Senior Lifeguard, ASHI CPR, AED & First Aid (huidige medewerker) –  Duluth, MN23 mei 2018
Good place to work. Fun environment and great co workers. The hours can be different but are some\time flexible depending on what department you work in.
Great starter job
Membership Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA23 mei 2018
The YMCA is a great place to work. Work environment is very relaxed and very comforting. Manager is great and all the staff is very welcoming and helpful.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Positive and Consistent Workplace.
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Baldwinsville, NY22 mei 2018
A typical day of work would consist of going to work, guarding for 3-6 hours then going home. The management was consistent and through to ensure the safety of the lifeguards and members. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with people that are like minded and you are able to trust.
Free YMCA membership
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Most fellow employees were energetic and enjoyable to work with.
Hospitality Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN22 mei 2018
I enjoyed the work I did and I enjoyed the majority of people with whom I came into contact. Received many cards and notes from Y Staff and Members. Often times paid compliments/thanks directly by clients, volunteers, coaches, parents, grand parents - and especially important to me were the quality young people. Great kids!
Flexible schedules
Code enforcement
Lots of standing
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, OR22 mei 2018
had to stand a lot and watch out for patrons and prevent life endangering accidents. had good co workers and a nice boss and got very good hours. would recommend.
Pluspunten
a good job with sustainable hours
worked in the heat
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work, low salary
Day Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, MI22 mei 2018
Camp staff get a salary pay of between 200-350 a week which is a bit low considering our jobs. However, working with kids and having a lot of fun is worth it depending on the type of person you are. Maybe raise the salaries though? I know a lot of people who leave because of the pay.
Bedrijfscultuur
easy environment to get along with people in.
Kids adventure Center Supervisory staff (huidige medewerker) –  Moline, IL22 mei 2018
Easy to get along with people there, and management and staff are easy to talk to. Learned a greater sense of responsibility having been responsible for the care of other peoples children. It was difficult at first keeping track of everyone in a large area, but I have learn where problem areas are and adapted to be able to keep an eye on all the areas, especially in problem zones.
Can put in availability
Minpunten
Sometimes need to remind them about availability
Good Place To Work
Health and Wellness Child Watch Staff (huidige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX22 mei 2018
My job is great. It has flexible hours which worked very well while I was in school. I love my bosses! They are amazing. We get a lot of crazy, yet fun kids. They make me laugh everyday with their adorable personalities. The hardest part is that it does not pay enough for the next step in my life as I try to move out of my house.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great work environment with co-workers and children
assistant coach (tennis)/Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Berwyn, PA22 mei 2018
Working in the tennis department was a great experience. I enjoyed my time working with children (ages four to seventeen) and my co-workers. Would recommend working at the YMCA to others.
Great Experience
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (huidige medewerker) –  Honesdale, PA22 mei 2018
This job allows people with an interest in education and child care get a food in the door. The management is nice, the kids are great, and the organization is well-run.
Bedrijfscultuur
friendly and productive environment.
sports coach (huidige medewerker) –  Hastings, MN22 mei 2018
enjoyable environment where my co-workers, boss and I became great friends. the work was stressful but enjoyable. stressful because we are watching over children but enjoyable because I loved what I did. I learned how to effectively work with children and handle adult situations.
flexible and understanding boss
For Students
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Durham, NC22 mei 2018
The YMCA is perfect for upper class high school and college students. The pay is what you expect, but the atmosphere and culture are very unique. The YMCA is a place where you meet people you'll end up knowing for years.
ok place
Front Desk Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA22 mei 2018
there are bad days like any other job but i can honestly that say it was a very calm working environment dont really have anything bad to say about it.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag