YMCA Reviews

17.682 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
Good experience, bad long term
Adventure Guide (voormalige medewerker) –  Estes Park, CO7 december 2017
I loved the culture and environment, but the pay was horrible. I couldn't sustain working at the Y long term because it doesn't pay enough to cover bills and student loans.
Good Place to work
Grants Administrator Burton and District (voormalige medewerker) –  Burton, ON7 december 2017
YMCA was a good place to work. Mangement were very nice and helpful. All the volunteers that worked here were also very nice and helpful. The only bad thing about working here is that there isn't much opportunity to get a pad job.
Mangement are nice
Hard to get a paid job
Bedrijfscultuur
Very good high school job
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Kennett Square, PA7 december 2017
Good job to get while in high school gives you good work experience and a taste for the professional world. Although compensation and promotion opportunity are far and few between if you work hard it is noticed.
outside all day
Bedrijfscultuur
Wish i could still afford to do this
Senior Counselor/ LIT director (voormalige medewerker) –  North Hero, VT7 december 2017
I worked at a YMCA summer camp in Vermont which is why i had to give the low score for job work/ life balance since unless i was on my day off i was on the clock for the vast majority of the day. despite the long and exhausting days, this was hands down the most fun and satisfying job i've ever had. There was real comradery between staff and the higher ups were actively involved in the day to day hustle of camp life.
Fun work environment.
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Victoria, BC6 december 2017
Working for the YMCA at Camp Thunderbird was an amazing experience. They hire the most capable staff ensuring you can always rely on your coworkers. The best part of the job was being able to deliver memorable experiences to clients.
Free meals
Long working periods
Fast paced and enjoyable
Gymnastics Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Grand Haven, MI6 december 2017
In one evening you can have multiple classes with different ages. In the preschool area the children are between 3-5 years old. The beginner classes to intermediate classes between 5-12 years old. and the Team girls, the girls that compete, can range up to 18 years old.
Why I gotta do a review
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX6 december 2017
It was cool, everyone is friendly. The only thing is that it is annoying when you're at a party and the YMCA song comes and everyone looks at you and expects you to dance along.
Good Place to Work
Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  Chesapeake, VA6 december 2017
Good place to work. Friendly environment. Enjoyed work. Fast based. Never boring. Always on your feet moving. Great facilities. Surrounded by hard working individuals.
Productive workplace
Student Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA6 december 2017
Culture can be worked on. I learned what I want in my future jobs. Need to improve communication. Favorite part was that it was in Boston and easily accessible!
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work, impacting the health of others in a postitive way
Health and Nutrition Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Foxborough, MA6 december 2017
A typical day at work would involve several different activities and projects. Usually there would be some individual counseling sessions with a teenager or occasionally an adult on their eating habits, how they are trying to eat more mindfully. This counseling session also involves me and my boss the nutrition director at eh YMCA giving helpful advice, and making goals for the participants in the weigh to change program. There are also different classes held during the day and in the evenings. Sometimes, there would be a group led exercise by my boss and I. Other times there would be grocery store tours given to mothers mostly trying improve their diets along with spend their money effectively to feed the whole family. Moreover, there were classes given at the YMCA teaching how to do meal preparations for the week, or make a healthy breakfast recipe at home. It varied from day to day.
I learned how to execute all of these activities and projects, as well as come up with recipes for the YMCA food blog website. I learned how to manage a group of people, and I got a lot of experience with nutrition education, encouraging people to be excited about their health. The work place culture was relaxed, welcoming, warm and friendly. It is a public place for everyone who passes through to feel at home. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some people who were enrolled in a class that they either did not care about or want to participate in. It is hard to make somebody want to care about nutrition or what knowledge you are providing through the activity. I loved every aspect
  meer... of the job that I mentioned above, a great and enriching experience for me and my future nutrition career.  minder
Pluspunten
Meeting and helping new, enthusiastic people
Wanted more hours
Assistant Teacher (huidige medewerker) –  Cross Lanes, WV6 december 2017
It's a very good place about collaboration and helping others. You're also guaranteed good hours and a good amount of training to help you on the job.
Playcare
Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Lacey, WA6 december 2017
The Ymca is a good job to start at they try to keep the same staff there and provide stability for there clients and they also try to have gatherings for staff to keep them engaged.
Amazing place to work
Desk Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hamburg, NJ6 december 2017
The YMCA is just awesome. I mean it is just such a great place to work with a constructive and positive environment and people who actually want to be where they are and enjoy their jobs.
Awesome
Awesome
Amazing experience
Student (voormalige medewerker) –  Whitby, ON6 december 2017
I enjoyed the comfortable and accommodating environment while I completed my hours. It was an irreplaceable experience that has greatly benefited my future.
paid training
High-stress, fun work place
Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN6 december 2017
I enjoy working at the YMCA as a camp counselor. I am away at college now, so I only work over school breaks. I do, however, know how things were at work when I worked there full time. As a camp counselor over the summer, I had the responsibility of interacting with the children in my group and making sure they were happy and healthy. I learned how to interact with a large group of kids at once, as well as how to resolve conflicts between the kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to create positive relationships with the children that were in my group.
No breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Difficult to please others and hard to form relationships with coworkers
Fitness Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Taylorsville, NC6 december 2017
This job was fun because it was an instructing job, but they really paid you as low as possible. It was discouraging because the manager never told you if you did a good job, but if you did a bad job, they grilled you out on it. Not much positive reinforcement.
Bedrijfscultuur
The Y is a great place to work
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Boston, MA6 december 2017
A great place to work for the single/non-dependent. The Y has helped me advance in certain areas. When is comes to the ground work of the Y i feel that wasn't a place for me.
Minpunten
Not a good place to advanc
n/a
Behavior Strategist assistant (part-time) (huidige medewerker) –  Pembroke Pines, FL6 december 2017
On a typical day at work from 2 to 6 pm, I performed any combination of the following: assist in educating children with autism/ADD by performing a variety of specialized learning techniques, communication strategies, applied behavioral activities to help with there need.
I learned lot through my time at the Y a lot, for instance I learned in first-hand different traits of behavior.
For management, I monitored progress in identified areas, recorded appropriate data regarding behavioral information; assisted in care for child’s physical and self- help needs, at the end of the day
I reported to my supervisor.
the hardest part of the job is not having much time on a part time schedule to know your the children.
The most enjoyable is knowing I am helping a child improve in their behavior.
Great part-time job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, AL6 december 2017
This is a great place to get started as a lifeguard or swim instructor since they have an indoor pool and you can work year-round. You will not be able to work full-time, so it's just a side job. The atmosphere probably varies from one facility to another but my Y is professional yet laid-back. No unnecessary stress but we are expected to act like professionals, work, and get the job done. Other than that, we can swim or work out on breaks and basically enjoy what we do.
Family-Friendly environment
Co-Teacher (huidige medewerker) –  Florida6 december 2017
Co-workers were friendly and nice
Children were a joy and eager to play or do arts and crafts
Manager was a easy to approach and caring individual
Enjoyed the children and interacting with parents and other members
Enjoyed planned and organizing special events for the chlidren

Algehele waardering