YMCA Reviews

Alle 20.707 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Depends on where you're working...
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Brampton, ON15 mei 2018
I worked at a few different sectors within the YMCA so it depends on where you are in terms of job culture. Management also depends - I've had amazing supervisors who are so understanding and you wish they'd never leave... but they usually do. Some managers are awful and will literally prey on you for no reason other than they want to get their staff in to that centre. The pay however, as an ECE, is really great compared to everywhere else I've worked. Same with the benefits - best I've had. No real chance for advancement, just lateral transfers.
Salary, benefits
No advancement
Great Place to Work
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Superior, WI15 mei 2018
I absolutely loved working at my YMCA. We truly were a family there, and it was a great place to start working as a high-school student and continue to work as an adult going to college.
YMCA Childcare
Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Mount Laurel, NJ15 mei 2018
A typical day at work would be taking care of the wonderful children and making sure everyday was fun and special! Seeing smiles on little kids faces brings joy to your everyday work experience.
Great place
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, IN15 mei 2018
Great place a lot of great people I loved the job but needed to go somewhere else. I worked with kids and had relationships with everyone I met. I loved hearing about people’s lives and how they were overall it was an amazing place to work.
No breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
it was volunteer work.
Junior Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL15 mei 2018
I don't know why this site is refusing to giving me the option to say it was volunteer work. i wasn't paid. i volunteered for the job. as for the working conditions, it was a great job, got to hang out by the pool and chill, as long as i gave the kids their wrist bands to help the lifeguards keep track of who should be in the water and who shouldn't.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Stressful, unpleasant work environment
Site Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Providence, RI15 mei 2018
Working with the students and some enjoyable colleagues were the only redeemable things about this job. At times, it felt incredibly stressful because the level of dysfunction at the branch office was needlessly high.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Never work here!
Early Childhood Educator (voormalige medewerker) –  Saskatoon, SK15 mei 2018
I was fired for wearing a body balm that had deactived marijuana as an ingredient. I wasn't given any kind of hearing, just dismissed with no opportunity to speak on my behalf.
Beyond this, the pay is abysmal, there are endless toxic work politics, and the management is indifferent.
My advice would be to work somewhere, anywhere else! This is a horrible organization with zero ethics.
Minpunten
poor pay, unhappy staff, nasty workers, indifferent management.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun for children for sure
Camp Coordinator/Counselor/Kids Zone Leader (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Petersburg, FL15 mei 2018
The YMCA is great for working out and taking your children. They offer great family children group events. Always clean environment. The easiest part of the job was the uniforms, very comfortable.
The activities they offer
Minpunten
Not enough space in the gym for as many members they have
A good starter job
Youth Development Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Doylestown, PA15 mei 2018
Working in summer camp helped me learn a lot about the community and myself. I met a lot of young people from various home situations and I made it my goal to give them the best summer possible.
Daily activites
ASSISTANT CHILD WATCH MANAGER - Part Time (voormalige medewerker) –  Hamden, CT15 mei 2018
Watch up to 20 kids daily supervise play help with homework trained by DCF for child abuse warnings maintained payroll for 20 staff members coordinate coverage for staff when short handed organized monthly staff meetings help coordinate fundraising and donations
short hours
not enough pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Hope Mills Branch a great place to work!
Fitness Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Hope Mills, NC15 mei 2018
The Hope Mills branch is a great place to work. Staff and members are treated like family. The manager at this branch is great too. Very easy to work with. The best part of working at the Y is being to give back to the community and work with our Members.
Pluspunten
Family friendly, good management, working within community
Easy Work, Good Pay
Volleyball Referee (voormalige medewerker) –  Duluth, MN15 mei 2018
Is a contract job so you are not employed which means you are outside of the loop on most communication. You just show up at the scheduled time and do your thing.
Most members are nice
Member Services Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Westlake, OH15 mei 2018
Management doesn't understand the reality of how things are from a members standpoint. Asks for things that are not always possible and then wonders why they aren't always done.
productive
Volunteer (huidige medewerker) –  Yonkers, NY15 mei 2018
i wasnt paid for this, neither was it a job. I was just volunteering and helping out in the community. .Nice sense of learning how to help people in need, makes you a better person.
Relaxed
Head Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Hilliard, OH15 mei 2018
Working at the YMCA was very relaxing which was nice for my schedule because I was working two jobs at the time. I got along well with my coworkers and managers and enjoyed my time there.
Bedrijfscultuur
Professional environment that cares about their employees and clients.
Caseworker/TAG staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Fall River, MA15 mei 2018
The Community Based Program provides an excellent service to families who need their help. Management was friendly and knowledgeable, and all staff are devoted to their clients. The job requires a lot of mileage on your car, but compensation by the mile was fair. Salaries are low for case management, but the job provides great experience to move on to other areas of the field and the hours are flexible to accommodate working students.
Supportive Teaching Staff
BPS K1 Preschool Teacher (huidige medewerker) –  Boston, MA15 mei 2018
I can only speak for my unique role at the Y. The salary is decent for the cost of living these days. However, the program has turnover ever few months in childcare.
Great salary and Retirement
Can easily become stressful
productive
Volunteer (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, CA15 mei 2018
As I volunteer at the YMCA I was able to interact with a lot od students from different ages. Which was a good thing because I got to learn something different from each and every student.
Bedrijfscultuur
Team oriented, community driven, and fun-loving workplace.
Membership Development Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Doylestown, PA14 mei 2018
There are good days and bad days, like any other workplace, but at the Y, your team is there for you and you work together to problem solve, innovate, and have fun. Management in all departments work together for day-to-day operations, programs, and classes all while maintaining the Y's focus on their mission of community, youth development, social responsibility, and healthy living.
Fun, rewarding, fast-paced
workload/life imbalance
Need Focus
Aquatics Director (voormalige medewerker) –  Lebanon, MO14 mei 2018
The Y was a great place to work, and really learned a lot about managing diverse groups of people. The culture at the YMCA can be somewhat hard to pin down, it really depends on which branch one happened to be at. The hardest part was the long hours and always being available. The most enjoyable was working with families in the community.
Great People
No time off
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag