YMCA Reviews

Alle 17.689 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Great part time college job!
After school care Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  San Angelo, TXSan Angelo5 december 2017
Great job for college student just wanting some extra cash. It is a very easy job and very enjoyable. Working for the YMCA you get a free membership. If you ask I have 90% a time you get off. The supervisors are very understanding and caring. Would recommend working in the childcare to any young adult who enjoys children.
Bedrijfscultuur
An enjoyable place to work
Daycare Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL5 december 2017
A typical day at work consisted of providing children of different age groups with fun and educational activities. The YMCA was an enjoyable place to work because the children were very sweet, funny and affectionate. Working at the YMCA also provided me with experience on how to deal with children of all age groups and prepared me for a future career as a pediatric nurse
Loved working here!
Sports Staff and PE Teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Katy, TX5 december 2017
This was a perfect job for my at the times in my life I worked there. I first worked there when I was 16 years old, then again after I had had my first child. The company as a whole is great, the management is incredible, and the opportunities are endless. Great place to work for your first job or for part time. Each day was never the same!
Bedrijfscultuur
Working conditions were great.
Waitress / Hostess (voormalige medewerker) –  Potosi, Mo5 december 2017
I enjoyed working for the YMCA because I was able to interact with children, and parents. The atmosphere was relaxed. I was able to go workout out freguently at the gym at the YMCA. I communicated rules to the children that provided structure. I encouraged the children to play games and do arts and crafts.
productive and fun
Teacher Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Waterbury, CT5 december 2017
the most enjoyable part was working with the kid and getting them all. I learned that kids no matter how long all have different personalities. the hardest part was learning the allergies and which kid it applied to.
Great Place to Work
Sports and Aquatics Director (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC5 december 2017
The Y is a great place to work and quickly further your professional career. At the Y everyone that you work with becomes a part of your family. When you work for the Y you are part of something much greater.
Bedrijfscultuur
A great place to work at.
Swim Lesson Coordinator/ Aquatic Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN5 december 2017
The YMCA as always been a second home to me. I have been with the organization for over 7 years where I was able to grow into some one who I wanted to be.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive fun work environment if you like sports and being active and kids then this is perfect job for you.
Gym Mointor (huidige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC5 december 2017
I love the ymca i love sports so its a good experience for me i would love to grow if oppruntunity presented itself, also its a good resume builder...
Membership
Minpunten
Benefits
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great atmosphere to be in and everyone is friendly and supportive
Assistant Gymnastics Coach (huidige medewerker) –  Limestone, NY5 december 2017
Working at YMCA part-time (5 years)

The staff is awesome! The YMCA does not micromanage you, it gives you a chance to open up and be affiliated with your community. This non-profit organization works hard to promote healthy living in everybody as they have so many activities to choose from. The best part is, everybody is welcome.

They strive to demonstrate the four core values which are respect, caring, responsibility, and honesty. I work as a gymnastics coach and at the end of every practice we go over those core values and ask how those were displayed. The gymnasts love nothing more than to share how one another was caring.

The hardest part of my job is when an athlete feels let down or stressed because he/she cannot achieve what they want. However, I love being able to sit down and talk to the athlete to give them a motivation boost. Developing those special connections is by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
Community feeling within facility
Full time Membership Sales and Services Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON5 december 2017
I decline to give a review at this time. I prefer to not say negative things about my workplace caused by restructuring of management that has had a negative impact on the moral of the staff.
Hours are great
Lack of leadership
Bedrijfscultuur
'One of best movement of my life'
services, houskeep and receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  279 Camp Orkila Rd, Eastsound, WA 982455 december 2017
it was great opportunity to work with great teams and develop the new idea day by day with new people from different place more then that I love to work with my manager who also try to help and make us free environment to express our views.
Pluspunten
free environment and every bady was so helpful
work in bed weather
n/a
Counselor Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY4 december 2017
working at the ymca was a wonderful experience i love interacting with kids and being able to teach them something new. my supervisor was very helpful and understanding
Head Lifeguard, Swim Instructor
Head Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Mankato, MN4 december 2017
Boring job, nothing exciting, no action, boring job, repetitive, poor wage, unexperienced and demanding manager, coworker relationships are good, facility benefits are best part
YMCA Building
Behavioral Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL4 december 2017
Day to day work with many kids with different personality and also different with Autistic kids and special needs, just regulate there behavioral manage how they interact with other kids in the environment.
Learning Enviornment
No cons
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Could be so much more
Member Engagement Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Cary, NC4 december 2017
The YMCA of the Triangle means well but, being that it is non-profit, upward mobility tends to be limited to those who have been with the Y for a LONG period of time and pay at the lower levels is almost a joke. Managers are EXTREMELY out of touch with anything outside of the Y culture and aren't motivated to help unless you have been there for years and play a weird political game. We are grossly underpaid given we are the first person that acts in case of a major emergency.
Great work environment
Associate Executive Director (huidige medewerker) –  Joplin, MO4 december 2017
The Y is a mission drive organization - so there is great satisfaction in working for the people - working for the cause - working to impact lives. It is always fast paced - dynamic and diverse work environment. Wonderful members, events, and co-workers.
It is different every day, so it's a great place to learn and gain experience.
Pluspunten
Mission Driven - Strong National Organization - Wonderful members - Family Atmosphere
Challenging to create change - lack of vision from the CEO - reactive
fun place to work
Preschool Teacher Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Connecticut4 december 2017
* good work life balance
* given training to succeed
* work as a team friendly staff and coworkers
* room for growth and advancement
* given creativity to teach
Typical day
Welcome Center Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Santa Rosa, CA4 december 2017
Members are happy to be at the Y.
Loyal staff work part-time typically as a second (or third) job.
Team members are supportive of one another.
Employees can pay for on site childcare while working a shift.
free membership
Minpunten
no benefits other than membership
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work pay is average
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Orillia4 december 2017
great place to work if you like to volunteer a lot, most people are good to work with. They do a lot for the community and are very stuck in there ways.
Freindly
Minpunten
can not keep there people that work for them especially in Aquatics
Bedrijfscultuur
Taught nationally recognized aerobic and water fitness classes
Water Instructor/Wellness Coach (Part-time) (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN4 december 2017
Provided excellent customer service, friendly, positive and professional attitude. Certified in First Aid, CPR and AED. Previous experience teaching aerobics or water fitness. Taught heart rate monitoring and provides proper warm-up and cool-down exercises. Incorporated strength building and cardio activities. Develop a positive rapport with team members and gym members. Communicated detailed orders to coworkers and created orders to detail per customer request

Algehele waardering