YMCA Reviews

22.402 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.407 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Great flexible place to work at, but not good for pay
Welcome Center Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Allentown, PA17 september 2018
I love working here, I love my employees and I love the people who use the facility but there's no way I can live off my paycheck. They also aren't prone to giving raises to people that have been here awhile. I've been here a year and a half without any raise.
Fun workplace
Sarnia - Gymnastics volunteer instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Sarnia, ON17 september 2018
This was a fun and friendly environment, very including. I enjoyed working here as it taught me leadership skills and responsibility. I would work here again
Bedrijfscultuur
es una empresa exigente, se aprende bastante
Administrador de punto de alimentación masiva (voormalige medewerker) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca17 september 2018
es una empresa diversa, cubre múltiples campos, es divertida pero a la vez se trabaja con mínimos recursos
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun place to volunteer at
Volunteer Work (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA17 september 2018
nice place to volunteer to get experience and to overall help people. its an awesome place to work and to interact with kids and to be able to help them.
Great Place!
Front Desk/Job Developer - Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Scarborough, ON17 september 2018
This is a great place and a very welcoming environment to work in. i would recommend this job to anyone interested in working in the community. Great experience!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
nice and warm environment
preschool teacher (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI17 september 2018
Fun and happy staff kind parents nice wooded area to walk the kids outside we provided lesson planes and news letters for the parents.also we provided breakfast lunch and snack for the kids
Hostile work environment
Maintenance (voormalige medewerker) –  Lecanto, FL17 september 2018
Very clique oriented. Looked down upon by others if not in the group. Bosses keep changing...no one knows what they are supposed to do...or what their job is...makes for a very stressful and unaccomplished job. Every one keeps leaving except for the clique of 6 or 7. Nepotism and hostile environment.
Pluspunten
flexible work schedule at times
Minpunten
You volunteerism and financial contributions are tied to your annual chance for a raise
Inconsistent Schedule & low pay
Early Childhood Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON17 september 2018
Schedule is not always reliable as a supply teacher. The pay is quite low and benefits are minimal if you're not full-time. There is little room for advancement/pay raises making it difficult to acheive full-time status.
flexible work schedule
Minpunten
low lay and little benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Very productive and fun.
Child Care Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Haverford, PA17 september 2018
Workspace is very fun and enjoyable. Supervisors are very caring and understanding. Shifts are very flexible to your schedule and shifts are almost always covered if requested.
Pluspunten
Discount on local theme park tickets.
Short breaks.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun if you like talking and watching people swim
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  El Dorado, KS17 september 2018
Hiring people a lot hours got cut quick not enough to pay for car payment, etc. They need to let you know more about the liences renewing you need to do before the due date or when being hired.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive as well as enjoyable experience
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Key Biscayne, FL17 september 2018
A typical day consists of watching over the people participating in all aquatic activities, receiving instructions of what activities to set up for that day.
Skills are acquired such as teamwork building, leadership, working under pressure, and decision making.
Pluspunten
Fair pay, good lunch break, and enjoyable field-trips
Minpunten
high pressure while on the job
Connection with the kids who come into Child Watch
Child Watch Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA17 september 2018
A typical day of work ranges from being very easy at times and gets really busy and it becomes tiring. I have learned how to have social skills and talk to people, and also get really familiar on how to talk to kids. The management was very strong, every director had each others' backs and it was very close knit. It felt like home whenever you walked in, the people are very warm and inviting. The hardest part was being able to juggle taking care of ten kids at once, but it was well worth it when I see how much I make those kids happy and to have a connection with them.
Free membership
Really fun workplace
Counsellor (voormalige medewerker) –  Colebrook, CT17 september 2018
The normal days started from waking up children and preparing them on the clinics which they wanted to participate.
I learnt children in the clinics too. I have had a lot fun with them and I liked to teach them.
Management was really good to me, if I needed help with something I always received an advice.
I learnt a lot of useful things up there. I would recommend that place to everyone.
Free lunches
Minpunten
Days off weren’t enough to rest
Awesome place to work
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Richardson, TX17 september 2018
Everyday was always an excitement. I loved every minute. Watching kids, cleaning the deck, the shack, and just relaxing. I learned how to effectively communicate to parents and kids, CPR, and how to save people in water. Getting hours is easy and the manager would always try and work around your schedule. The hardest part of the job is staying in the heat for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part is the people. Everyone treats you like family and it's a lot of fun
Friendly, Management, Workplace
n/a
Bedrijfscultuur
OK work place, bad management
Assistant Program lead (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA16 september 2018
As an ex YMCA employee the atmosphere was good, there are a lot of employees that are both friendly and passionate about their work too bad there is an equal amount of those who do the minimum for a paycheck. Lots of favoritism and bad communication between employers and employees.
Pluspunten
Retirement Fund and free gym membership
Bad Supervisors
Bedrijfscultuur
Great relationships with families we serve
School Age Child Care Site Director (huidige medewerker) –  Circleville, OH16 september 2018
Overall I feel like the YMCA expects you to give up your life to work for them. While I agree with the overall missions of the YMCA of the USA, I feel like the YMCA of Central Ohio has spent a lot of time building upper management but not focusing enough attention on the direct service staff. In addition, they tend to present new ideas that are constantly late to the table, should have been done yesterday. Information isn't shared in a timely manner yet you are expected to implement with little or no prep time.
free gym membership
Minimal support from supervisor
Fun place to work
Building Supervisor/Front Desk (voormalige medewerker) –  Bismarck, ND16 september 2018
With lots of changes taking place during the time I was there, it made communication a bit difficult. Not really anything bad to say about the place. I felt that they let lots of great people go, and advanced individuals who really had no idea what they were doing. All in all though it was a fun place to work. I consider everyone a friend there despite our differences.
Fun job
Minpunten
To many bosses and not enough workers.
Fun work and workout
Contractor's Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH16 september 2018
The YMCA is a fabric to most people who enjoy its amenities. no difference here, friendly and familiar faces always greet you and know your name. one of the best job cultures ive been a part of.
Very Positive environment
Co-op Placement (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Hope, ON16 september 2018
As a co-op student I enjoyed the vollenteer work with the creative staff and joyful children.
very possitive work environment.
Outtings paid for.
Very clean.
Flexible hours
Minpunten
Was not always available for all outtings
Bedrijfscultuur
Very enjoyable and fun but low pay and few benefits.
Group Leader (huidige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY16 september 2018
Would like to have more hours and higher pay. However the kids make the job fun. I would recommend the job to others if pay is not a factor. You will love the mid day break.
Long breaks
Pay and hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag