Reviews voor Camp Counselor bij YMCA

1.613 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 21.522 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
work was fun
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Beverly, MA18 juli 2018
i had a blast working for the YMCA i enjoyed helping and working for kids like games and being silly and just my self my co workers where a great help and i delvoped good relantionships
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and constructive work atmosphere surrounded by supportive coworkers
YMCA Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN16 juli 2018
I loved the challenges each new day presented and the ability to be part of a tight knit team environment. It was amazing being able to see the growth the campers were experiencing over the course of the week, and my position enabled me to make a positive impact on their lives.
Pluspunten
Free transportation, great skill development
Weather-related
Bedrijfscultuur
great summer job, morally rewarding, incredible crew, inspiring environment
Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, MI16 juli 2018
I would arrive at the YMCA at 6:30am and begin setup for day campers. Each camp counselor is designated 12 (day/night) summer campers to supervise and counsel on a 12 hour day schedule through camp activities (i.e. swimming, boating, hiking, archery, fire-building, foraging, basketball, dodgeball, and team building).
Camp
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN15 juli 2018
Started the day with devotion before parting off into the different camps. Learned how to accept all sorts of games, unfair rules, and the various upbringing of the campers. Management was outstanding! The workplace was fun! The hardest part was trying to talk with angry parents. Most enjoyable was having fun all day!
Awesome!
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Chester, VA13 juli 2018
I love working here! Camp director make sure everyone is taking care of themselves. Really positive environment to work in. I love the leadership team that they have as well.
A little bit stressful
Staff & Day Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Virginia, MN12 juli 2018
Management is poor at times, team member’s ideas continually being shot down by supervisors. “Nothing is in the budget”, yet we have a multi thousand dollar grant that we can’t use. The facility we work in is hot, with the kids getting sick on a weekly basis from the heat, many out with heat stroke. It’s ridiculous.
Free membership
Minpunten
Money problems, bad team moral, poor management, poor work enviroment
Fun People
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Oroville, CA12 juli 2018
The coworkers were great and supportive of each other, the work environment was quick paced, most of the time most of the camp counselors were not informed about their schedules leading to miscommunication and transitioning from one place or activity to another, management were willing to hear ideas from camp counselors but usually would not make the changes that were addressed.
Pluspunten
Free field trips, can use the Y for free during employment period
Minpunten
Unorganized, lack of communication between staff
Dartmouth YMCA
Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Dartmouth, MA11 juli 2018
A great place to work at for a summer job! I have been working there for the past five summers. If you enjoy working with children, this is the place to work.
Good Beginner Job
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Oswego, NY11 juli 2018
This was my first job, I enjoyed it because it was seasonal when I wasn't focused on high school or college studies. I worked there for several years interacting with elementary students and taking them into the community on field trips. It was a fun relaxing job that allowed me to construct schedules and activities with other counselors.
fun
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun up beat place to work at
Volunteer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New Port Richey, FL10 juli 2018
It was a nice place to volunteer because you get to spend time with kids all day and really enjoy what you do. There is a lot of variability with this job which keeps you on your toes in the best of ways.
Bedrijfscultuur
very hands on, requires a lot of psychical activity
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Southington, CT10 juli 2018
This job will teach you good communication skills and you will improve your ability to collaborate with others and work as a team. The management at YMCA Camp Sloper is great because they are friendly very easy to talk to.
Pluspunten
Good hours and weekends off
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place with many different options to work from
Summer Day Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Sycamore, IL10 juli 2018
As my time as a summer camp counselor, I worked with every single age range of children, from kindergarten to middle school. Every day was a new day of fun activities and things that we could decide to do as both a staff team and a camp team.
Love this place!!!
Day Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY10 juli 2018
I honestly enjoy working at the BedStuy YMCA, the staff are cool and friendly and most of the parents are approachable. I would recommend this job to others, although there are many rules, it is worth it.
Pluspunten
very nice management, loving childrent
rachet parents
It's good
Academy Leader/Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY8 juli 2018
I enjoyed working here, they were organized and i love working with kids, it was a fun part-time job taking care of kids after-school and helping them with homework.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Great Way to Spend the Summer
Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Smyrna, TN7 juli 2018
I had to find a new job for this summer since my previous one did not work out and I stumbled upon this job on Indeed. I am so grateful that I found this and that they called me back. Working at summer camp is fun and rewarding. It has a big team atmosphere, as you work closely with other counselors. You get paid to go swimming and go on field trips and be at camp. At times, it can be stressful with kids getting hurt, arguing, not listening, and the list goes on. That being said, this job requires a lot of patience. But you're never on your own and you can always ask for help! I love this job and I'm glad this is how I am spending my summer.
Weekends off, Fun Filled, Work Monday-Friday
Minpunten
Stressful at times, Must be able to improvise
Bedrijfscultuur
Was a great experience of diversity of children.
Vincennes Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Vincennes, IN5 juli 2018
Although, I am an education major and had worked with children of many backgrounds previously, it was quite an eye opener of all the different functioning levels of children thrown together and expected the same results from all. Not all the staff members are knowledgeable with working children and at times were rude to those with impairments. I would recommend some training on how to handle enraged children and what to do when the child strikes a concealer or takes out another child.
YMCA Camp Pine Crest
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Gravenhurst, ON3 juli 2018
Overall working at YMCA Camp Pine Crest was great, you learn a lot about how summer camps work. You get the chance to work with a wide variety of people and a wide variety of clients. You get the opportunity to further improve your outdoor skills as well as your customer service skills when speaking with parents.

The culture up there is like a family, you eat together and you basically life together for approximately two months. Everyone is willing to help, and the higher up staff are more than willing to accommodate you for any needs that you have.

The most difficult part of the job is that you are very far away from home and that you are very restricted to you work place; you are always at work, and there is not a whole lot of time off.
great experience
lack of time off
Bedrijfscultuur
fun environment to be a part of
Sports Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Birmingham, AL2 juli 2018
Fun environment for summer camp
relaxed, laid back, no overbearing requirements
discount on gym memberships
good summer job if willing to put in the required work
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoy the staff and members
Summer Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA29 juni 2018
I get to work and I am instantly greeted by staff and then I go to see the kids at the camp who are excited to see me. We go to another local YMCA to do some of the activities they have at camp such as Rockwall and zip line, and archery.
Great staff
Minpunten
Still in need of renovation in some areas but they are getting around to it
Okay
Bus Driver / Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Hickory, NC26 juni 2018
The kids were really cool to hang out with. But management would say one thing and mean another. Lots of confusion and a little dysfunctional when you are use to a set schedule for everything.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag