Reviews voor Camp Counselor bij YMCA

1.704 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.665 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall fun and active workplace.
Summer Camp Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Ellicott City, MD21 oktober 2018
As a summer camp counselor, I loved working with kids, parents, employers, and others during the hottest and most fun time of year. The workplace was overall sociable, friendly, and very accepting.
Pluspunten
Free lunches, free gym membership during work season
Minpunten
Short breaks, negative interactions with a few employers
Productive day at the YMCA
Latchkey Counselor/Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Far Rockaway, NY18 oktober 2018
A typical day working at the Y is you play games and do craft activities with kids. Feed lunch go out to play free time with kids. I learned that you have to have patience with the children throughout the day. The workplace culture is diverse of all ethnic groups of people you learn from different cultures. The hardest part of the job was keeping up and following the guidelines of the job procedure. For the most the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ideas from the children to the Y core. The job is a new learning expierence to take a career path to a better career.
Free Lunches
Short lunch periods
Bedrijfscultuur
Kid friendly environment, with positive coworker relations
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Statesboro, GA17 oktober 2018
I enjoyed the job itself but the individuals that I worked under were very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Sufficient hours of work were not given, and it made it a much less desirable place to be employed.
Pluspunten
I love working with children, so despite the management issues I still loved my job because I could interact with them.
Minpunten
Bad management, insufficient hours, minimal consideration of employees by employers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, fun, gave me a sense of community
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Round Rock, TX17 oktober 2018
Despite the hot weather during the summer, being able to interact with the kids and have them look up to me was what kept me dreading the end of the summer. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt useful helping with injuries & emotional turmoil.
free snacks, dance competitions
the hot weather
Firm Management, Fast-Paced Environment
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, MA16 oktober 2018
I worked as a camp counselor for one summer, but that was enough for me to see that the management was committed to safety and responsibility on the part of its employees.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Good part time
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Humble, TX16 oktober 2018
This job is good for students needing extra money or part time. It’s laid back and very fun. You build bonds with children and coworkers and parents. You don’t get paid much because you don’t work many hours but it’s an easy job with wonderful experiences
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
good summer job.
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL15 oktober 2018
great summer job for kids coming out of high school. organization was a little all over the place but good environment to work in a place were you get to be outside and engage in fun activities all day.
productive & fun workplace
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  YMCA15 oktober 2018
it was a good competive place to work at and id go back. i enjoyed working with my team and being able to work with the kids on a daily was a true blessing and i cant complain too much
Great place to work.
Camp Counsellor (voormalige medewerker) –  Peterborough, ON14 oktober 2018
The YMCA is a great place to work. I absolutely loved it there! Very fun, a multi-dimensional place to work. I really enjoyed that you can work in a variety of programs.
fun place to work
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, MA13 oktober 2018
working with kids has always been an amazing experience with me. the supervisor was amazing and gave us good hours. I was only there for the summer because it was seasonal but it was amazing.
Pluspunten
being able to cool off in the pool with the kids
Minpunten
not having a break, your break was eating lunch with the kids
Was great
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Windsor, ON12 oktober 2018
Did this for a summer in high school and it was a great opportunity. Consistent hours 5 days a week and provided training in CPR and first aid. Kids at my camp were great but I can't speak for other locations.
Fun but challenging
Camp Counsellor (voormalige medewerker) –  Camp Cullen11 oktober 2018
There are definitely management issues and the days are long but the experience is unforgetable and definitely life changing in so many ways. The oppourtubities provided more than suffucient
Lofe changing experiences
Very long days
Great place for children
Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Loma Mar, CA10 oktober 2018
It was a long time ago that I held this job but it was an amazing experience for a young adult like myself at the time. Children can be more eye-opening and better teachers than adults at some subjects...it was an honor to change the lives of children and I suggest you apply if you think you would feel the same way.
Beasutiful scenery/ facilities
occasionally very difficult children
Bedrijfscultuur
A place where work doesn't have to be boring.
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Rio Grande do Sul9 oktober 2018
- Well managed.
- Good, hardworking employees.
- A great place to grow.
- A good relationship between employers and employees.
- I learned to overcome obstacles as efficiently and professionally I as can.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It's a Fun atmosphere dealing with children
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL8 oktober 2018
when it comes to dealing with kids it is an awesme atsomphere other than that pay rate is ok, but could be better. I enjoyed working because the passion I have for kids.
Stressful
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  NH8 oktober 2018
Too many kids, too few counselors. Too many dangerous children allowed too continue to attend and forced onto under qualified counselors. Pay is too low for the stress of the job.
Fun and Productive
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Ottawa, ON6 oktober 2018
Get to work for around 7 am , meet up with other counsellors and pan he day out for the kids to arrive .
I learned a bunch of organzation skills.
Managament there were nice .
Workplace cuulture : Great , energentic and fun
hardest part : waking up
enjoyable part : Having fun all day with the kids
doing fun activities
Bedrijfscultuur
Safe and friendly work environment
Summer Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Havertown, PA4 oktober 2018
There was always a lot happening on any given day. We stuck to a schedule for all of our days except the one day a week we would have a field trip. That day would always be more hectic making sure our totals were right and ensuring all of our campers were safe.
30 minute breaks everyday, friendly co-workers
A lot of hours
A typical day at work
Camp Dakota Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Hartford, CT4 oktober 2018
I would start my shift off in the basketball gym with other children 13 and up. That would require me saying no food drinks, or juice. Then, I would go help out other teens in the teen center. That would just require bonding with the other teens
Not very busy job
nothing
Working as a Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA2 oktober 2018
A typical day at work was clocking in and going to the gymnasium to greet the kids and begin activities based on the theme for the week. After a couple of activities the kids eat lunch and we continue to have activities planned. Everyday there was pool time and then dismissal. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be a role model for the children and teaching them new things since they are in between the ages of 5 and 11. The hardest part of the job was keeping the kids under control simply because when they left their parents, their behavior changed. It wasn't too hard but it was slightly difficult.
Bonding with the kids
Behavior issues
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag