Reviews voor Counselor bij YMCA

702 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 21.557 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fun place to work; children and coworkers.
YMCA Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Cedar Park, TX20 juli 2018
Working at the YMCA was easily my favorite and most rewarding job I've ever had and I am still saddened that I had to leave. I miss the children, parents, and coworkers.
Awesome
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Ingleside, IL18 juli 2018
Amazing place to work with the best management, and kids. Would be counselor today if I wasn't so busy. Nothings that hard, everything is possible when you love doing what you do. It's more than a job.
Everything.
Minpunten
You might be leaning towards eating unhealthy. But the salad bar will be calling your name.
Fun, Family Environment
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Petal, MS16 juli 2018
The YMCA is a great place to work! Everyone is so nice and it’s all around just a great environment to be in! While working at the Y, I gained relationships and became a role model to so many young children and that’s something that I will forever cherish!
Gaining relationships
Pay
fun and rewarding
YMCA Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Providence, RI14 juli 2018
I very much enjoy helping the youth of providence. It was a grat place to learn and sharpen my skills. very rewarding to help out the les fortunate in providence.
Loved the kids
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Clayton, NC10 juli 2018
This job allowed me to meet new people and get to work with all different age groups. I loved getting to know everyone and taking field trips. Was an awesome experience.
Fun work environment
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX10 juli 2018
I love kids and was just starting out in college so this job was perfect. The hours were flexible with my classes, the staff was friendly and the Y is a very respectable company.
Pluspunten
flexible schedule, weekends off, school and government holidays off
Minpunten
not enough hours, not great pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Challenging but fun place to work
Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Huntsville, AL5 juli 2018
Working at the YMCA can be challenging sometimes because of all the kids and handling everything in a mature and fair manner. Overall I love working at the Y and would recommend it to anyone, it’s a lot of fun but it just doesn’t pay enough and you don’t get many hours.
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomfield, NJ2 juli 2018
Working with the YMCA comes with many pros and some cons, some cons that can influence your desire to continue employment there. However the atmosphere is pleasant
Flexibilty
Poor wages
Productive and good workplace
YMCA Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA1 juli 2018
Good level of respect from staff overall job was good. A lot of traffic was brought to the YMCA throughout my time working at the YMCA. I referred people and people referred their friends and family.
Free lunch
Healthcare
Fun Workplace
Prime Time Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Augusta, GA29 juni 2018
I learned how to monitor a larger group of children while ensuring their safety and wellbeing, as well as aiding them in completion of tasks such as homework.
Great Work Enviorment, Great Kids
Stressful
Fun , productive
YMCA Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Arnold, MD28 juni 2018
The YMCA is a place where all ages can come and enjoy there self we have a place for your kids while you exercise called Stay and play. I worked at stay and play where the kids love playing with so many different toys we have and they had an amazing time.
Stressful, but rewarding.
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Easton, PA27 juni 2018
Loved interacting with the kids on a daily basis, and they would be the only reason I'd go back.

Poor management, lack of organization and was very unclear what we were supposed to be doing on a daily basis regarding activities to keep the kids entertained.

I learned how to keep an eye on kids and to watch them when the think you're not watching because that's when the do the worst stuff.

I hated the feeling of instability within the management and other counselors on the job. It made my job 10 times more stressful.

Easy hours, flexible to work with you and your schedule, not very good in terms of compensation for payment though.
Pluspunten
Interacting with the children, playing essentially all day.
Minpunten
In the sun, tiring, working with kids.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun work place to have fun with kids
Safe Place Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New Albany, IN24 juni 2018
Woking at the ymca was very diverse in the things that I did. one day I might be in childcare holding babies or another in the gym playing games. the management was pretty laid back and easy going.
A Sefless Task
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY 1001723 juni 2018
Work here if you love children and you're devoted to the core values of the Y but if you're looking for a job in which you will be respected, and paid appropriately. Look somewhere else
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Good message, o.k management
COUNSELOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Tacoma, WA22 juni 2018
Ymca promotes positivity and high goals for the children in the community. Which was one my absolute favorite things about being a counselor! We helped the children seek confidence within themselves.
Message; goal oriented
management turn over
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great coworkers but bad management.
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Oak Park, IL20 juni 2018
It's and ok job if your a teen or in college, but have to deal with bad managerial skills from others. No communication. Dealing with the campers and staff that are always around is fun. But without communication and direction, work can be tough.
None.
Bad management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Fun To Work For
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fredericksburg, VA19 juni 2018
Working for the YMCA was a great job the only issue I had is it is part time so its a really good job for people in school not income to live off of if you have a lot of bills. Everyone there is really nice they had problems with the manger while I was there but she no longer dose so I would say this is a great started job.
Former Afterschool Counselor
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Albany, GA17 juni 2018
Working with the children in the after school program was amazing. However, the food and snacks that were supposed to be provided for the children by management was very poor. The sad part is, is that the counselor couldn't bring any outside food and snacks to the children without being reprimanded.
Children, Environment
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun work place
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC15 juni 2018
I enjoyed my time at the YMCA. I learned some great skills that have and will follow me further into my careers in life. I loved interacting with the children and helping them learn and play.
fun workplace
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Alhambra, CA12 juni 2018
fun workplace, got to work with kids, taught and did fun activities, great for a first job, organize activities, fun work environment. good hours and flexible.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag