Reviews voor Counselor bij YMCA

584 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
great place
Special Needs Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 december 2017
great for school if you dont have to attend school during week however i must continue school mon through fri.
ive learned however document and record incident and ive learned how to handle stressful situations and portal call and law
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work depending on where you worl
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chester, VA15 december 2017
I have worked at 2 places when I worked for the YMCA. The supervisors and directors are wonderful and they are really passionate about what they do. However, management and the people under them care for themselves and not the children. They are in their positions for the money and chose to put on a facade when their boss comes around.
Pluspunten
Fun and a learning experience
short breaks
Decent If You Really Need A Job
COUNSELOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsboro, NC12 december 2017
This YMCA I had worked at was decent, but I lost majority of my respect for them after the lack of management and the ignorance of the amount of time and effort put in by the staff. We do have lives outside of work, and school being very important means that majority of part-time student workers will not enjoy being told that they aren't working hard enough despite having not once received complaint from employers until the last minute.
Pluspunten
Growing relationships with the future youth, experience
Minpunten
Unprofessional members, stressful, anxiety producing, reluctance to go to work
Fun Place to Work
Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC12 december 2017
The YMCA after care job is really great for college students to work because it offers pretty flexible hours and its only for 4 hours a day. the staff is great and you can learn a lot from the students. A typical day at the YMCA if you work directly with the children really interesting. you have to think quickly on your feet because things happen with children quickly and you have to do your best to keep the children engaged.
Pluspunten
Flexible hours, with weekends off
Minpunten
can be disorganized as an organization at times.
fun place
Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Florence, SC11 december 2017
fun place but some of the demands of the job we should be paid more than 7.25 saying that we only work 3 hours a day and to say we have to watch the kid and do activities with them that we have to plan. but its fun besides that.
Great place to work!!
COUNSELOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Lawrenceville, GA11 december 2017
People and management were friendly and accommodating. Worked with some great staff!! I would recommend this branch to others.
This was a family atmosphere.
Ymca
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Dripping Springs, TX10 december 2017
It's a good place to work if you're interested in working with kids in your future! You get to go on weekly field trips and go swimming in the summer, which is a lot of fun. There is a lot of kids, but as long as you work together, and come up with fun activities, it's not too hard of a job.
Free Membership
Awesome place to work!
Kids Club Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Kenosha, WI8 december 2017
Kid’s Club was always super relaxed and an easy job to do. The kids were mostly well behaved and there was always something new to do or learn. The coworkers and management were awesome.
Enrichment for younger gerenration
Afterschool Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX5 december 2017
Helps develop character for the younger generation. Teaches truth, faith, responsibility, and accountability. Fun place for children after-school. Children learn to socialize with all ethnic groups.
Pluspunten
serves healthy lunch and snacks.
short lunch breaks.
Bedrijfscultuur
extremely stressful and terrible managment
YMCA Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Canandaigua, NY5 december 2017
it was hectic from the moment you walked in to the moment you left, the benefit of working there is I grew a lot of passion for people and there overall well being, work culture varied from which department you were in, hardest part of the job was dealing with displeased parents and explaining to parents why something happened or how it did most enjoyable part was seeing all the kids having a great time running around and playing
little to no breaks
Disorganized
Counselor Ocean County (voormalige medewerker) –  Toms River, NJ28 november 2017
Disorganized within the school and under the guidance of the particular staff. The school itself was great but the supervisor through the Y was very disorganized.
Bedrijfscultuur
It is a fun place to work
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Altavista, VA22 november 2017
It is a fun place to work, It is also beneficial to help children achieve their maximum potential in regards to their academic careers and other aspects of their lives.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Temporary job
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Gainesville, FL6 november 2017
Fun to work with kids. Not the place to advance. Nice job to work at if you are in college and need a part time job or to get some volunteer hours for school.
productive
Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Toms River, NJ3 november 2017
Crafts with the children, helping with children with homework, and physical activity in gym. Management is great, workplace is friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with children.
interacting with children
Minpunten
no benefits, pay is okay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
The best enviroment
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Montgomery, AL1 november 2017
I loved the YMCA. I enjoyed working with children and making sure that I could make a difference in their life. I loved gaining a personal relationship with my fellow counselors. I 100% recommend giving the YMCA a shot.
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  New Canaan, CT31 oktober 2017
if you want to work with a big group of friends plus excited campers, this is the place for you. This was the most joyful, laid back, positive place i ever worked at. I felt very comfortable here. Everyone is supportive and the main focus of each day is happiness and fun.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Loving families
Child watch Counselor (huidige medewerker) –  Houston26 oktober 2017
A great place to work for students because of the flexible hours and relaxed environment. The families make it a loving and welcoming place to work at.
Loving families
No breaks
great training
Student Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY26 oktober 2017
if your looking to go into teaching I would suggest working for the YMCA in an after school setting to learn behavior management techniques. Very nice as part- time gig.
Ymca Summary
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Gainesville, GA23 oktober 2017
The Students were fine but Everything else was terrible. I felt like the teachers that worked at the school (who i barely saw) helped more than my own staff members. No Benefits either...
Pluspunten
You get to meet the future adults and influence them.
Everything else
Great for Resume
Counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Pensacola, FL23 oktober 2017
I was a volunteer there for a couple of summers. It's quite enjoyable and you get a work out while teach campers fundamentals and how to be a leader. Go for it.
Access to Gym, Access to Pool, Exercise, Breaks
Minpunten
Heat, Children can be restless but kids are kids, Not the kind of job if you dislike kids

Algehele waardering