Reviews voor Lifeguard bij YMCA

1.099 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.671 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Okay workplace
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Vincennes, IN21 oktober 2018
The YMCA is a good starter job for teens looking for work. It is a good place to get a first job and place where you should work if you are looking for set hours and times
Experience
Salary
Great Culture but Lacks Communication
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Clarksville, TN20 oktober 2018
The general employees are fabulous, but the management could use a bit of work when it comes to communication. Over all a great place to work, but do not get too cozy, now that the word is out, everyone wants to be a lifeguard.
Great Culture
No Benifits, Lack of Communication
Bedrijfscultuur
Great work environment, awesome staff, laid back job
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO19 oktober 2018
Working at the ymca at a lifeguard has been a great experience for me over all. The staff is amazing, they are so helpful and understanding. The inservices we have every month are extremely helpful to review of the skills we need for our job. They are not always organized though. They are behind on a few things which is frustrating.
Pluspunten
Free membership, flexible hours, nice staff
Minpunten
Unorganized, don’t listen to the staff about schedules
Bedrijfscultuur
Busy and expectant, you must be able to get along with your coworkers.
Tampa Metropolitan Area - Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL19 oktober 2018
Be a suckup. If you don’t like children, do not work here. Unless you’d be ok with yelling at them all day. Also, the water arobics ladies are all really mean.
Pluspunten
Good first time job, most of the members are very nice.
Minpunten
Management is annoying, depending on which department you work for. Aquatics wasn’t very good.
Very fun place to work
YMCA Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX18 oktober 2018
Everyone is nice and is willing to help you with anything. I bonded easily with the workers there.
I learned how to work with other and compromise. Be able to be flexible with my hours when working
breaks, near water
Sitting in the heat
Lifeguard!
LIFEGUARD (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, MI17 oktober 2018
A typical day at the ymca consisted of making sure everyone in the pool area was safe and following the rules. Some nights I had to stay later to help with the kids camp, who would use the pool for pool activities. I was the activity leader when they would come. during the day though I mainly worked with older people.
free gym membership
no raises
Lifeguard Position
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Middleboro, MA17 oktober 2018
Pretty low-stress, collaborative, environment. As a part-time position, pay is hourly with no benefits outside of a free gym-membership which was nice. Current manager of the Aquatics section is amazing. Past 2 managers have come an go quickly.
Needs growth
Lifeguard Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Middletown, CT17 oktober 2018
I've worked at the YMCA since I was a teenager. I've seen the programs rise with the times, and fall short with the times. The awesome part of working there is that you can mix & match your shifts to coordinate with your personal schedule. Another upside is that the management can be really accommodating to your career goals, and even help you in some circumstances. The lack of advancement within the YMCA can really reinforce the idea that this is a temporary job. It's a shame, because some of the basic lifeguard staff or others could be excellent candidates for management roles that will make the organization better.
accommodating management, pick-your-own shifts
lack of advancement
Bedrijfscultuur
Easy and laid back, fun for the most part
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Carthage, MO16 oktober 2018
I love the YMCA and my job is easy, the patrons are great, and my coworkers are very helpful. The atmosphere over all is very chilled out and fun. It is not a hard place to work. I just want to do something different.
Free YMCA membership, includes classes like Zumba and yoga
Minpunten
Pay and work alone except for on weekends as a lifeguard
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
relaxed place, coworkers were like family
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Lowell, MA11 oktober 2018
I have been going to the ymca since I was a little girl, it was the best fit for me to have my first job there. Working there allowed me to build my social skills and work with many people of all ages.
Lifeguard
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 oktober 2018
Working at the Y as a lifeguard was one of my favorite working experiences. My coworkers and managers were friendly and always answered any questions that I had about my role as a lifeguard. Keeping patrons safe and watching over the pool felt like a meaningful role.
Work at the YMCA
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA8 oktober 2018
The YMCA has a very friendly atmosphere; nice people, friendly members, and good co-workers. I kind of enjoyed the when it comes to the work environment, but it is not fun sitting around watching people swim or play in the pool. Even though most of the members are nice, you also have some of the most disrespectful ones, too.
Free Membership
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fun and easy
Ky - Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Hopkinsville, KY5 oktober 2018
The Hopkinsville YMCA was clean, managed well and fun to work at. It also includes Tiebreaker Aquatic Center so unless you specified where you wanted to work more, you'd be at both the YMCA and waterpark. The YMCA was pretty boring most days, but some days you'd get upwards of an hour break because of the abundance of guards or lack of patrons.
Pluspunten
Long breaks, good management, easy
Boring, short breaks at Tiebreaker
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun environment with lots to do
Lifeguard/Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Edmonton, AB2 oktober 2018
Many activities you are able to do at the YMCA. It's an all age ranged environment. Everyone is very friendly. The gym is very good and swimming is always enjoyable.
Free gym membership
Gossiping
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun environment to work in
Powdersville YMCA Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Powdersville, SC2 oktober 2018
All lifeguards are provided with the appropriate training to execute their jobs to the best of their ability. Also, a very fun environment with genuine people.
Good job for a student
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Terre Haute, IN30 september 2018
I work there in high school/ collage as a lifeguard. Flexible hours. They work with college students around class time. Shifts aren’t very long if needed
Flexible hours friendly people
Minpunten
Low pay. Not a long term living job
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Family oriented
Lifeguard (huidige medewerker) –  Chesapeake, VA29 september 2018
I love the YMCA cause it is a family friendly place and all the employees are really nice, and helpful, and we love to help you if you have any questions at all. TThe YMCA is a Christian organization that has all kind of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy we have a gym, a pool, play areas, for babies and children, we have a kind of classes just ask the front desk for help or if you have any questions, and go to anyone of the lifeguards or swim instructor's if you have any questions about the pool or our swim lessons and yes we offer those.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Nice place to work
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Mobile, AL 3660327 september 2018
Nice place to work. However, the work was too easy, not challenging. The atmosphere was nice and all that, but there was not any time for advancement in the company. Everyone basically kept to themselves and came in to work and then go home.
Pluspunten
Raises for every year you stay with the company
Low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
review
Life Guard Instructor/CPR Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Salem, VA27 september 2018
The YMCA is a great place to work. I used it as a part time job teaching life guarding and CPR. I cannot speak very intelligently how it would be to work for as a career.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
work was great
Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Rochester, NY27 september 2018
working at the ymca was great
was a lifeguard
meet so many people and worked in different departments
was a great working environment
learned a lot
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag