Reviews voor Swim Instructor bij YMCA

967 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 22.647 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow but very efficient place to work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  China Grove, NC19 oktober 2018
At the YMCA I applied so that I could help a branch who was having difficulty with finding lifeguards to monitor the pool. I applied and went through the training very quickly so that I could watch my patrons. I monitored the pool, sauna, steam room, outdoor water system, and the whirlpool. I would open and close the pool periodically for breaks and for the end of the day. I was given responsibility because, there is only one lifeguard of duty for the pool at a time.
Pluspunten
Not hectic. Most patrons are elderly swimmers.
Minpunten
Less breaks than expected.
Fun
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wapakoneta, OH16 oktober 2018
My coworkers were very friendly and teamwork was a huge part of the job. I loved working with the people and teaching little kids how to swim. I also loved how I could swim while no one was in the pool.
Bedrijfscultuur
Don't exactly care about their employees
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (voormalige medewerker) –  Goldsboro, NC16 oktober 2018
Managers are terrible and not required to have any experience in the department they're in. My manager was working in aquatics and often worked a lifeguard position with no lifeguard training or experience. Refused to give us latex free anything even though they legally have to. Pool chemicals are always a mess, as is the pool. You get no breaks and are yelled at for using the bathroom.
Bedrijfscultuur
everyone is looks out for one another but not that often
Deck Manager/swim instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN10 oktober 2018
People there are basically fake but there's some maturity. My boss was a pretty chill lady was someone you could easily just come talk to if you had a problem or concern about anything she was also the only lifeguard there during the day. But her boss was the one with the problems that is she always thought about herself and didn't really pay attention to our side of the Y which is the Aquatics area. She mainly focused on what she wanted done and not listening to our concerns or offer ups
some good people
Minpunten
director of the establishment not such a bright fellow
Bedrijfscultuur
very good work environment and friendly people
Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Whittier, CA9 oktober 2018
very good work environment and friendly people. you make a lot of friends and management is very nice. The pay is alright but you need to make it work and get as many hours as you can.
Fun
Swim instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Belmont, NC4 oktober 2018
Great kids. Parents were nice poeple. Swimming in the water with kids and teaching how to swim is really fun. Coworkers are awesome. Really friendly. Water is warm sometimes.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Place too work, but managed extremely poorly.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Calgary, AB3 oktober 2018
The patrons and coworkers were wonderful people and the work was engaging and enjoyable however it was very poorly managed so lots of organizational problems which could have been fixed quite easily but was never dealt with.
Great summer job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  San Pedro, CA1 oktober 2018
This was a summer job. I was given a lot of responsibility. It was a fun place to work. Extra hours were often available.
The other staff were great to work with.
Bedrijfscultuur
Super fun if you love working with kids.
Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chambersburg, PA1 oktober 2018
Working for the YMCA was a great experience and helped further my leadership skills. Work days were laid back and fun to be around the kids. Management was wonderful about keeping us informed on our required certifications, etc. Everyone got along well at work and many coworkers were close friends.The hardest part of the job was cleaning up children's vomit out of the pool. Seeing kids advance and succeed and do things they were once scared to was the most enjoyable part of work.
Flexible hours
Limited hours and pay
First Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA1 oktober 2018
Easy, and fast paced. Had given me ways to advance myself and learn about what I would want in the future. The hardest part was leaving since I had to relocate.
Horrible work place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Palestine, TX30 september 2018
I have worked there for a while now and it is a joke. I went from making a little over nine and hour. Then I was lied to and was told that if I moved inside the Y and worked with fitness I’d make more but my pay was brought down to 7:75.
The people you meet
Minpunten
Pay is way too low for the work you put in
good place
Lifeguard/ swim instructor/ camp counselor (voormalige medewerker) –  Bedford, TX28 september 2018
I had a good time working for the Y. My manager was passionate and you could easily tell. Care in customers was put above sales and numbers. It felt good to help customers and teach clients who had never learned how to swim their entire life.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
It was ok
Volunteer Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Hampton, VA26 september 2018
The hardest part about this job was the fact that I was constantly being lied to about having a job there and being taken advantage of. I felt that the manager there didn't know what to do really when hiring new employees and would ask other employees how they feel about the new person and then decide on that and that to me was not fair.
SO much fun
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Deck Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wasaga Beach, ON22 september 2018
Working at the Y has always been a pleasant experience for me with both the clients and the management. every day was a new learning experience and tons of fun.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Easy job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Brunswick, GA22 september 2018
Working for the YMCA is good for short-term employment. Seasonal positions pay decent and the hours are flexible for the most part. Frequent changes in management made it hard to keep up with facility information.
Pluspunten
frequent breaks, nice coworkers, flexible hours
Minpunten
occasionally working over time, frequent change in management
Bedrijfscultuur
Working with children was a great experience
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Chino, CA19 september 2018
Was one of the most fun jobs I had. Working with children really taught me patience. Summer would be extremely busy but winter would really slow business/ hours.
Fun, Flexible hours
poor managament
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Ymca
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX17 september 2018
It depends what I would work as. If I'm a lifeguard the day usually goes by slow. If I am swim instructing it goes by quick and I enjoy my time working with the children. Some children are terrified of the water at first but as they keep coming to each lesson they learn what they can do in the water instead of having fear for it. At the YMCA you learn to trust very few people because others will turn their backs to you if you do not do anything to their liking.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and a fun place to work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (huidige medewerker) –  Aurora, CO16 september 2018
The YMCA provided me with endless opportunities, and i’m forever grateful of that job. The only downside is that the job is seasonal, which is why I am looking for another job part time.
Flexibility
No breaks unless 5 hours worked
Not Great
Swim Instructor, Burbank (voormalige medewerker) –  Reading, MA14 september 2018
There are no chances to advance, the pay is pretty poor, and after working there for years I can honestly say that the management is atrocious. Look elsewhere.
Supportive & fun working environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX13 september 2018
The work environment is exactly like a family and because of that you are always looking forward to going to work. Also it is a place where both the employs and customers interact all the time and most of the times form healthy relationships.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij YMCA. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag